Adsense

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Olympic Watching Letter Purge: Part 2

Like I said yesterday, today I will finish my letter purge. Also like yesterday, this post will include several letters. I'm trying to get them all posted and answered by the end of this week. So without further ado...

Let's start with a letter from Jonathan, from Burkina Faso. I get to hear about some fun eclipse related customs from his country.

Jonathan is 9 years old and his letter is dated November 25th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am very happy to write this letter to let you hear from me. I am fine, as well are my parents. How are you doing? I received your letter and I am very happy. Here in Burkina Faso, we have eclipses sometimes. I have never seen one, but my mom told me that people play drums or use boxes to make noise during them. They sing and they say, "The cat has caught me. Please let him go." I like the color yellow. My favorite food is pasta. My best friend is Obed. Thank you for your letter. May God bless you! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Zenebu, who is telling me about some of the things in her community. Some of these countries are really getting some wonderful template letters. They include more pictures and open ended questions, that give children opportunity to match pictures to words to help them out, or answer questions in their own way. 

Zenebu is 6 years old and lives in Ethiopia. Her letter is dated October 26th, 2017 (quite a long delay on this one). 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My community is called: Abiyot Fire Sefer

2. My community is located in the: Fitche region

3. The population of my community is: 5,000

4. A common job in my community is: Trade 

5. Common transportation in my community is: Carts & motorcycles 

6. People in my community speak: Amharic and Afan Oromo 

7.  In my community, the weather is typically: Sunny

Please pray about my education, health, and family. Thank you for teaching me about amazing nature and the creation of God. My beloved sponsor, I will celebrate my next birthday on December 12th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a lovely letter from Carlos. He always has wonderful things to say. 

Carlos is 17 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated January 25th, 2018 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I am very well, thanks to God. My project is named My Hope CDC and I attend my project one day a week. My project is located three blocks away from my house. The regular activities that we do in my project are: learn the Bible and songs about God. The thing I like the most about the staff at my project is that they are patient and that each day I attend class, they talk to me about God. I have received your letter and I am glad that you have traditions. It is good to share them with your family. Your family is very pretty. Until this day, I had not heard the word "cornucopia." Thank you for sending a photo of it. Do you have more sisters besides Jordan? I ask you to please always care my family and me in your prayers. Thank you for the Christmas gift. I say goodbye with hugs and kisses. 

Carlos 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Jule. He really has a lot to say in this letter! It was great to read! 

Jule is 14 years old and lives in Rwanda. He wrote this letter on December 12th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I, your supported son Jule, greet you in the name of Jesus. We are in the rainy season and we are busy planting sorghum. My brother Gilbert is fine and he is now 2 years old. I have now finished grade one of secondary school and I will start grade two of secondary school soon. My three hens are doing well. I have one mother and two chicks. I like to play soccer. I wish you and your family a happy new year. Thank you very much for the nice letter you sent to me. My favorite clothes to wear are pants and shirt with black shoes. Our house is built of bricks and logs. It has 4 bedrooms and a sitting room. Our project supports 262 children and it has 4 staffs. I like to read the Bible. All the children support by the project attended the Christmas celebration. 

Jule

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Marinelis, representing the teen girls in this post! Just some everyday, lovely details in this letter. I love when our kids get conversational in their letters. 

Marinelis is 15 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. His letter is dated January 23rd, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I hope you are well. How is your family? Is it very cold over there? In my school they changed the uniform. It is now a shirt with a tie and pants. Please pray for me and my family. We always pray for you. How is Brandilyn? I hope you are good. Did you get married? How are the children you care for? What do you study? What animals do you like? I like puppies. In my home, there are two beautiful puppies. I like the photos you sent me. I love you. Take care. 

With Love,
Marinelis

________________________________________________________________________________

The final letter in this post is from Nikko. I have so many wonderful teenagers. I'm just so grateful for them all. 

Nikko is 19 years old and lives in the Philippines. His letter is dated December 20th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Good day! I'm glad to receive a letter from you! Thank you for sharing about the achievement of your other sponsored child, Jhon, your other sponsored child Emanise, the solar eclipse, and your greeting for my birthday. Thank you so much for sharing those things with me. Please do extend my congratulations to Jhon and pass my greetings onto Emanise. I'm glad to also know about the solar eclipse. Yes, we do experience those here, as well. In fact, we just had one this year, but sad to say, I didn't see it, maybe because it was in the southern part of the country. And also thank you for your birthday greetings! I appreciate it! I'm glad also that you are enjoying taking care of Gage and Chloe. They are surely growing to be good and smart kids. I would be glad to send you a photo of my family, but I can't do it now. Maybe in my next letter I will have it for you. By the way, how are you going to celebrate Christmas? About me here, I am doing fine with my family. I want to request that you continue praying for our daily needs and protection. Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless you! 

Nikko

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment