Adsense

Monday, February 19, 2018

Nikko Graduates from Compassion

I just received word from Compassion that my 19 year old Nikko has graduated his Compassion project early because he no longer needs assistance (great reason!).

Let me get a bit motherly for a moment and talk about how proud I am of Nikko. I started writing to Nikko nearly 5 years ago. At that time, he was struggling in school, getting bad grades, repeating grade levels, and was just all around miserable. He ended up dropping out of school, getting a bit of tutoring at his project, and he started working with his uncle, who sold secondhand clothing at a small shop.

Through the next several letters, I saw a confident young man blossom! Business was going great! In fact, his uncle and him were able to start selling clothing online to people all over the Philippines (delivering and shipping orders). They were so successful, in fact, that they were able to open a bigger, better storefront and keep selling online.


It now seems the day has come where their earnings are now enough that Nikko no longer needs the help of Compassion. I am beyond proud of him. He is just 19 years old and he is really going places. I thank God for the last 5 years with Nikko.


This, right here, is what sponsoring is all about, isn't it?







No comments:

Post a Comment