Adsense

Saturday, February 17, 2018

More Letters For The Week

As many of you who write to as many children as I do (some even more), letters roll in at a never-stopping pace. I think it's fantastic, of course! But just when I feel caught up with posting and replying to letters, another group of letters rushes in. It's a constantly busy and fabulous process. I am so blessed to get to love and encourage so many children!

Let's start with a letter from Muzuro. He has proven again that he is great at answering questions. When a sponsored child answers questions well, it makes building a relationship so much easier!

Muzuro is 15 years old and lives in Uganda. His letter is dated February 1st, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Kayla, 

I am fine and so happy to receive a second letter from you. You asked me if I enjoy having a large family. Yes, I enjoy it because at home we play together and work together in a group. But in a large family, food is a problem for us. When my mother goes to the farm, she comes back with greens, and that's what we eat. The second question you asked me is if any of my siblings live with me. Yes, Joyce does. Third, you asked are any of my siblings married. Yes, one of them are married. That is Gloria. Yes, I have nieces and nephews. You also said, "Did you have a good Christmas?" Yes, I had a good Christmas together with my neighbors and we enjoyed a lot of games, dancing, eating, and drinking. At home we ate lunch and we went to a place called golp ground, where children go to play and find shells. You know, playing there is enjoyable. I am doing well with my family. I am happy for the photos you sent me. They are beautiful. You know, I like vehicles very much. They are so beautiful to me. God bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a short letter from my young man Jhonrex. He has never been the most chatty of boys, and that's just fine. He tends to share a few details and then end his letter. I love his drawing that came with this letter, though! 

Jhonrex is 17 years old and lives in the Philippines. His letter was written on December 15th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Pleasant day! How are you this time? I hope you are doing fine. Thank you so much for the letters and the family pictures. I really appreciate your effort and especially your support. Thank you also for your prayers. I will try to send our family picture. As of this time, I am not feeling physically well. Here in the center I attended our Christmas party and I had so much fun because there were lots games and I was able to hear a message about Christmas. Please pray that I will get well from my cough. What is your plan for Christmas? Thank you and Merry Christmas. Honestly, I forgot to pray for Carlos. Thanks for reminding me. 

Jhonrex


Jhonrex's family drawing. Jhonrex is the oldest of 4 children, so I assume he must be the one in his father's arms. I love his father's gentle hand on his chest. As you know, Jhonrex is 17 years old, so this must be a memory of a past time. It's really truly lovely. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Up next, a letter from sweet Dagim, who I just have such a soft spot in my heart for. He joined my family after somebody a long time ago was having "trouble connecting" with him and asked if anybody else wanted to write to him. I gladly took him into my family and hope that I never have to let him go. I pray his financial sponsor keeps up the commitment of sponsoring him. 

Dagim is 10 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated January 1st, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

How are you doing? I am doing very well with my family. Thank you very much for your letter. I am attending school well. The first semester is ending now. I hope that the results will be very nice. I need your prayers also. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2018. I wish and pray that the new year will be a year full of prosperity and growth. Bye. 

Yours,
Dagim 


He included a drawing what, I can only assume, is a naked boy playing soccer. ;) 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Again from Ethiopia, I have a form letter to share from sweet Yohannis. In this letter, he is telling me about "What I Like Best." 

Yohannis 8 years old and wrote this letter on January 1st, 2018 (seems to be letter writing day in Ethiopia?)

________________________________________________________________________________


1. What I like best to do with my friends is: Playing
2. The game I like best is: Soccer
3. What I like best to do at home is: Studying & helping my mother in the house
4. What I like best about the project is: Meeting with my friends, singing songs, and writing letters. 
5. The subject I like best in school is: Science 
6. The teacher I like best in school is: Jambo
7. Because: He teaches us a lot and he also likes us 
8. The place I like to visit best is: Sodor 

Please pray for me and my family's health. Pray for me to be brave in education. I received your letter. Thank you for telling me that God loves me. Thank you for your gift. We celebrated Christmas. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Representing the girls in this post, we have a letter from Jhayra. It's always interesting to hear about how our children celebrate and react to certain holidays. 

Jhoyra is 11 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is dated January 31st, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you for the three letters, photos, and coloring pages you sent to me. I'm very happy to write another letter to you. I like everything you tell me about you. I spent Christmas with just my mom. We ate chicken and we prayed at midnight to thank God for all the miracles that Jesus made for us and for Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. On Halloween, we organize ourselves and everyone brings banners against Halloween because our Lord Jesus dislikes it. There is a parade and we walk holding the banners. Here in Peru, we are in summer, but it is very cold in the place where I live. It is raining a lot every day. Here is a story: 

Once upon a time there was a hare and a turtle. They competed to know who was the fastest. During the race the hare fell asleep, but the turtle kept moving until it reached the target. So the turtle won. This teaches us that even the slowest can succeed.

I ask you to pray for me and my family. 


Jhoyra

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment