Adsense

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Last Blogged Letters of February

Three more letters to share with you for the month. Then I plan to spend the last couple of days of February responding to all of these letters. Then it's onto March. Bring it on, March!

First up, a letter from Mulwa. I long for the day that he writes on his own. I would say he's old enough to, but he must not be ready yet. I can't wait until the day he starts sharing his own details instead of the seemingly rehearsed and generic letters I get now. Gotta love that artwork, though. :)

Mulwa is 10 years and is from Kenya. His letter is dated January 27th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Mulwa salutes in Jesus' name. He says he is going on well with his family members. He says he is doing well at school. Mulwa hopes that you are fine. He informs you that he is working very hard at school so as to achieve his dream. He also says that he goes to the project every Saturday and participates in well in different activities. Mulwa thanks you for the support towards his life. He thanks you for the letters you've been sending him. He says he goes to Sunday school every Sunday and now he can recite different verses from the Bible. He says he likes singing and dancing to gospel songs. He wishes you all the best in your life. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Rebecca. I love that I hear from her so often. She's such a lovely, intelligent girl and seems to always been involved in some kind of competition of some sort. I hope she genuinely enjoys competing all the time and that she's not being forced to do so. I know that in areas of the Philippines, achievement is very important and children are only accepted as good if they win. I'm not saying at all that this is the case for Rebecca, but I do want her to know that she is wonderful regardless of all these contests and results. 

Rebecca is 10 years old and lives in the Philippines. Her letter was written on January 20th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

Good day! How are you and your family? We are doing well here. Thank you for your Christmas greetings. My team got 2nd place in the folk dance and choral competition. We performed by group in the contest. Last September 4th, during my birthday, we prepared some food and celebrated with my relatives. Thank you for praying for my allergy It's okay now, though. My thumbnail removed, but another one has grown. I used ointment and an antibiotic. I also prayed to God. I am continuing my studies. We recently had our third periodical exam and I passed it. Thank you for always writing letters to me so our communication continues. My memory verse is Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go. Even when he is old, he will not depart from it." 

Love,
Becca



________________________________________________________________________________

I end up with a long, very detailed letter from my sweet girl Mariela. She is such a treasure! 

Mariela is 12 years old and lives in El Salvador. Her letter is dated January 23rd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How have you been? I hope that at the moment you read this letter, you are fine and enjoying many blessing from our Lord Jesus Christ. I want you to know that you are in my prayers. I ask the Lord to care for your life and for your family so that God will keep you all safe always. I want to tell you about my dreams. When I grow up I want to be a doctor. I would also like to know the snow. I would like be able to visit you one day and give you a hug. I would also like to know Jesus. What place in the world would you like to know? Let me tell you that in my project I learn something new every day. I thank you for everything that you do for me, for the letters you always send to me. I'm always happy to know more from you. I hope that God blesses you a lot. I also want to thank you and to thank God because I started a new school year. I ask you to pray for me so that God gives me wisdom and intelligence to understand the classes. Also pray that He protects me and my family and me always. I'm ending my letter saying goodbye to you and wishing to know about you again. May God keep you safe. I send you a big hug with love. 

Mariela


________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment