Adsense

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Attempt Catch Up #1 (Template Letters)

I have been such a slacker when it comes to my blog, lately! I've received so many letters that need to be blogged, but I just keep forgetting.

This post is attempt #1 of me trying to catch up. There will probably be several of these posts. I plan to post one a day until all of my recent letters are posted. March has been a record month for letters!

Without further ado, let's begin:

I received a letter from Tern, written on the My Family template. There is just something so special about this little guy and his family. I hope that his financial sponsor is in it for the long-term. I would love to get to know Tern as he grows.

Tern is 5 years old and lives in Thailand. His letter is dated February 2nd, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My family lives in: Rural region 

2. In my family, I spend most of my time with: My grandparents 

3. My favorite activity with my family is: Watching television 

4. My favorite way to help my family is: Cleaning the house 

5. My family's faith background is: Buddhism 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello. My name is Chuanchom, his aunt. He can't write by himself. Thank you for the letter. The project celebrated Children's Day on January 13th. There were many toys, games, Q&A, and performances. Does your country have Children's Day? Please pray for his studies. May God bless you with happiness. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is from Jonathan, written on the My Project Learning template. It sounds like he is learning quite a lot! 

Jonathan is 8 years old and from Burkina Faso. His letter is dated December 15th, 2017. 

______________________________________________________________________________


1. Explain what you are learning in the project: I learn to know the word of God. I learn activities such as football and speed races. 

2. What I have learned about hygiene and good manners: To sweep the house and keep it clean by cleaning it. I wash my clothes and I do the dishes for my mom. 

3. Two things I have learned in the project that I practice at home: I help mom do the cooking. I go and fetch water from the fountain for mom. 

4. What motivates me to attend the project activities: Bible stories 

Dear Kayla, 

Hi on behalf of Jonathan! He greets your whole family. He is taking exams right now and he finds them a little difficult. But he hopes to succeed by the grace of God. He thanks you for your letter, which comforted him so much. Goodbye! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Out next template letters is from Tamire. She wrote to me on the My Community template.

Tamire is 7 years old and from Ethiopia. This letter was written on November 15th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My community/village is called: Srti Town 

2. My community is located in: Oromia Region 

3. The population of my community is: 3,00 people 

4. A common job is my community is: Farming and Trade

5. A common type of transportation in my community is: Cart & Mule/Horse

6. People in my community speak: Afan Oromo 

Please pray for my studies and my health. I am very happy and thankful for your letter. I would like to thank you a lot for your support. Here the weather is hot. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next sweet letter is written on the My Dreams template. It is written by my cute jungle boy, Daniel. 

Daniel is 8 years old and lives in Ecuador. He wrote this letter on January 8th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I would like to travel to: The United States 

2. I would like to meet you because: I want to meet you and give you a hug

3. Someday I would like to be like: My parents 

4. When I grow up, I would like to a: Teacher

5. I want to thank you for: Always writing to me 

6. Please pray for: My parents and siblings 

7. I also want to say: I am studying. I am doing well. I go to the CDC. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from Rodrigo and is written on the My Christian Learning template. He really shared a lot of greats details and filled up all the space. Go Rodrigo! 

Rodrigo is 7 years old and is from Bolivia. His letter is dated February 16th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite Bible story is: Adam & Eve

2. My favorite Bible person is: Jesus 

3. My favorite song to sing at my project is: We are Little Soldiers 

4. In my project I am learning: To sing and to paint Bible stories 

5. In my project I learned to pray: Before eating and before sleeping 

6. I learned about Jesus: He loves children and he died for us. 

Hello Dear Kayla, 

We greet you with the love of our great God. I am Jose, Rodrigo's tutor. We would like to thank you so much for your nice letters and photos. Answering some of your questions; Rodrigo is doing well and had a nice Christmas together with his family, exploding firecrackers and eating baked chicken. Cornucopia liked to listen to your letters about the cornucopia and about the big trees. Rodrigo is back to school and is glad to meet more friends. His prayer request is for his mom and dad to do well at their jobs. 

With Love and Affection, 
Rodrigo and Jose 

________________________________________________________________________________

If you can believe it, we still have three more template letters to go. I told you this was going to be a big attempt at catching up! Then I need to go respond to all these letters! 

This next letter is from Dedilhomme and is written on the About Me template. 

Dedilhomme is 6 years old and lives in Haiti. His letter was written on January 30th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I was born in a locality called: Dupuy 

2. When I grow up, I would like to be a: Child Monitor 

3. The color of my hair is: Black 

4. The color of my eyes are: Black and white 

5. I am the 5th child out of 5 in my family. 

6. Currently I am living with: My father 

Dedilhomme is very happy to write to you. He says his school started in September and it is almost the same as last year. He goes to school from Monday to Friday. On Sunday he goes to the project. He is happy because he and Chloe have almost the same school schedule, except he gets to school at 8:00 and it ends at 12:50. He asks you to keep praying for him. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from Nico and it's actually my very first letter from him! Whoo hoo! 

He wrote on the My Favorites template and included a long personal message at the end! 

Nico is 6 years old and lives in Indonesia. His letter is dated February 5th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite sport is: Soccer 

2. My favorite activity is: Playing 

3. My favorite way to help my family is: Making my bed 

4. My favorite Bible story is: Daniel 

Dear Sister Kayla, 

Greetings in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am so happy that I could reply to your letter. How are you and your family doing? I hope that you and your family are healthy and happy. My family and I are healthy. We thank you for sharing your stories with us, through your letters that you have sent to us. We are so happy to read your letters. Thank you for the gift you have sent us. We have used it buy rice and cabinets. Once again, thank you for sharing your blessings with our family. I hope that God will return your kindness with blessings to you and your family. 

Sister Kayla, I am in the 1st grade in elementary school. I can read now. I love to learn to read and draw. I also love to watch TV at home and ride bicycles with my friends. My favorite foods are rice, friend chicken, and french fries. I live with my mom named Vitha, my dad named Merko, my sister Casey, my grandma Diana, and my grandpa Fery. They love me very much. 

I am glad to know that I have a new friend, Lenin. Please say my greetings to Lenin. I pray for Lenin and his family too. My God always bless Lenin and his family. I am glad to be his friend. 

I want to ask you some questions. Do you work until night? Do you have a day off to go out with your family? 

That's all for now. I am kindly waiting for your reply letter. I hope that you will always be blessed and guided by God. Please pray for me and my family to be healthy and successful. I hope to make my parents proud. Thank you. 

Love,
Nico

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of this post is from Kamaldine. In this letter, she is telling me about the Festivals and Holidays in her country. 

Kamaldine is 6 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. Her letter is dated January 13th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Our main National festivals and holidays are: Christmas, Tabaski, Easter, and Ramadan. 

2. My favorite holiday is Tabaski because we eat well. 

3. What do you enjoy doing on your favorite celebration day?: I wear nice clothes and shoes and play with my friends. 

4. The main events in my region are: Fair with exhibitions and games 

5. Tell how you celebrate Christmas in your project: We prepare some songs that we sing. 

Dear Kayla, 

I am very pleased to write you this letter. I received your letter and thank you for your wishes. I hope that you had a nice celebration. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Here, we resumed classes and I would like you to pray for me to have good success at school. Have a happy new year! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment