Adsense

Sunday, March 4, 2018

First Sunday Advocate: Glasses Edition

After having a nice discussion with some people on Facebook about children living in poverty having eye problems, and how Compassion is helping those children by making sure they have glasses, I decided to do an entire advocate post about children wearing glasses. 

Just as an aside, this post took a ridiculous amount of time to prepare as I searched through literally over 100 pages to find kids with glasses. 

Through my research, I also learned that children in Central/South America are a ton more likely to be wearing glasses than those children in Asia or Africa. I'm not sure why that is the case, but I don't have any kids from Asia or Africa to share with you in this post. Maybe glasses are harder to access in those areas. Or maybe there just weren't any on the website at the time I checked. Either way, here are the ten glasses wearing kiddos that I am hoping find a sponsor this month.

The information listed under each photo is a link to that child's page, where you can learn more about them and where they live. You can choose to sponsor them from that page. 























No comments:

Post a Comment