Adsense

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Letters, Letters, and More Letters

I don't have a witty introduction. My brain isn't working well. I just want to type letters. :)

The first letter of this post is from Joel. I hear from this young man super frequently. I love that. This boy has written to me about photography in every single one of his letters. I love seeing his passion!

Joel is 17 years old and lives in Mexico. His letter is dated January 5th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

In this letter, I want to tell you what has happened to me so far. First, I want to wish you a happy new year. What has happened is that my dad gave me a photography book so that I can learn how to operate a camera and learn more about what I like. Now, I'm going to respond to your questions. My sister stayed with us until New Year's Eve. She stayed with us for about two weeks. She will graduate from college in about three and a half years. She is studying a very long major. I had a nice time with her because it had been a long time since I had last seen her. We had a lot of fun. I hope you and your family are healthy and you have a great new year with a lot of success. God bless you. Please pray for my family and for my dreams, that God will grant me the will to pursue them. I would like to ask you; how did you spend Christmas and New Year's Eve? What are your resolutions for 2018? I want to thank you for being my friend and for letting me have a great friendship with you. 

Joel Alberto

________________________________________________________________________________

Now a long letter from Jule. I'm still getting to know this guy, but with letters this detailed, I don't think it will take very long. 

Jule is 14 years old and lives in Rwanda. He wrote this letter on March 5th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I first greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am thankful to you for the love, care, and support which you have gone ahead to give to me. My oldest sister Justine is 15 and my sister Judith is 12. My other sister is called Josiane and she is 3. My youngest brother, and last born, is Gilbert. He is 2. We have been experiencing sunshine, as well as receiving rain. In which season are you in? I have had a fever and I'm currently getting treatment. Please pray that I will be able to get and maintain better grades. May the Lord continue to bless and increase you in whatever you are doing. Thank you for the letter which you sent to me. I was excited to receive it and to hear from you. Thank you for letting me know about your news. I am glad you love, care, and think about me. Thank you for the wonderful words which you told me. We grew maize and it has been doing well. The beans have also given good yields. May God bless you! 

Jule

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a letter from Jhon. I think I've said it before, but I'm so glad his graduation date got extended so I can can keep writing to him and getting to know him. 

Jhon is 18 years old, from Bolivia, and he wrote this letter on February 15th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla,

I greet you with the peace of our Lord. I am doing well and healthy, thanks to God. I tell you that I took a trip on a bus. It took two days to arrive. Well, I am already part of the Young Leaders Program (GAP). I tell you that we are going to evangelize and do activities in a classroom. Yes, I had a nice Christmas with my family. I celebrated with my family with a barbecue, chocolate milk, and fritters. My best gift was a t-shirt and trousers given to me by my mom, which I liked a lot. I get along very well my family. I had a good trip the country of Chile. When I returned my brother was waiting for me at the bus station. When I saw him I felt happy. My trip was something unforgettable. I met my uncles and aunts that I had not met before. Thank you for the photographs that you sent me. They are nice. I say goodbye with the peace of our Lord. God bless you and your family. Please pray for me, my family, my friends, my health, and for all the people who do not have anything. 

With Love,
Jhon

_______________________________________________________________________________

I'll wrap up this post with a letter from one of my young ladies; Maria. She makes me chuckle because something her letters are quick and don't say much and other times, she includes some lovely details (like today). Typical teenager, I think. :) 

Maria is 13 years old and is from Brazil. Her letter is dated February 9th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? My family and I are doing well. We will have the carnival holiday and I will travel to Pacoti. It is a mountainous region, so it is a little cold. I loved receiving another letter from you. I like that you noticed that my name and the name of all my friends all end in the letter A. I had not realized this before. I received all of the photos you sent to me. I was very happy for them. You, your mother, and your sister look very similar and the children you take care of are very beautiful. For your meditation: "Give praise to the Lord, give honor to his name, talking of his doings among the people" Psalm 105:1. 

A hug from your sponsored child,
Maria

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment