Adsense

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Pi Day Letter Share

Any day can be a holiday, right? And any holiday can be an excuse to blog letters, right?

:)

Let's start off with a form letter from Airin. I just received a photo update of her, so you get a sneak peak of her headshot before I share her full photo in a future blog entry. This letter from Airin is written on the My Project template.

Airin is 8 years old and lives in Indonesia. Her letter is dated February 14th, 2018.

______________________________________________________________________________


1. My Project's Name Is: Mutiara Bangsa

2. The number of children in my project is: 305 

3. I go to my project: 4 days a week 

4. I get to my project by: Walking 

5. My favorite activity to do at my project is: Listening to stories, reading, drawing, and singing. 

Shalom, my sponsor Kayla! I hope you are well like I am. My family and I are well. We pray all the time and go to church regularly. In my country we celebrate Christmas each year and decorate the Christmas tree beautifully. I hope you also celebrate Christmas like we do in our country. May you be blessed in everything. God bless! 

Love,
Airin

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Ronaldo. In less than a year he will graduate from his Compassion project. It appears we are both feeling pretty emotional about it. I hope to write several encouraging letters to him before he graduates and I hope that I'll be able to stay in contact with him in the future. 

Ronaldo is 21 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated February 14th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Beloved Kayla, 

How are you? I'm glad to know that you don't lose hope on visiting my country someday. If I visit yours, I would like to visit the White House and I would love for you to send me some pictures. How have you been there? I also tell you that the house I live in is made of bricks, it has a cement floor, and two bedrooms. My parents sleep in one and Hector and I sleep in another. We have separate beds. My house's roof is made of tiles. Thanks to God, we have drinkable water and electricity which improve the tasks in the house, in college, and in communications. Electricity and water are necessary, don't you think? Kayla, with tears in my eyes, I tell you that I will graduate in early 2019. I will miss your letters so much but I know you will keep me in your prayers. I love you so much, Kayla! I will never forget you and I ask that we pray together that life will let us meet someday. I almost forgot! With the gift you sent me, I bought jumpers and short pants. May God reward you for the things you do for me. I say goodbye, giving you a Bible verse, Philippians 1:9, "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in all knowledge and discernment." 

Ronaldo

_________________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a letter from Jhonrex, that came with a lovely drawing. Drawings from teenage boys always have an extra level of sweetness, I think. They don't come very often. 

Jhonrex is 17 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote this letter on February 18th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

A pleasant day to you! How are you doing now? I hope that by God's mercy, you are in good condition. About me here, I have to continue work because I'm planning to continue schooling this coming June. I also attend classes regularly in the student center. 

Thank you very much for the letters I have received. I appreciate all of your messages and I meditate in the beauty of your messages. Here in the student center, I assist the teacher in handling the little children. I just enjoy listening to the little children, as they talk a lot. As of this moment, we are having a dental check-up here. We are also having a Bible ceremony and many children are receiving Bibles. 

Please pray for me as I'm desiring to attend "Cell Group" every Friday. I just love the sharing of testimonies time. When is your summer vacation/break? I really do hope that we'll be able to meet in person someday. I pray it happens soon. 

Respectfully Yours, 
Jhonrex



_________________________________________________________________________________

I'll end this post with another template letter from one of my sweet little boys. This time, it's Tern, who is writing to me about his friends on the My Friends template. 

Tern is 5 years old and lives in Thailand. His letter is dated January 18th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My best friend is a: Boy

2. We are best friends because: We go to school together

3. My best friend goes to the project with me: Sometimes 

4. My favorite activity to do with my friend is: Bicycling because I can exercise

5. Activities I do with my friends are: Playing games 

Dear Kayla,

Hello, I am Miss Chunchchom, Tern's aunt. Tern is his nickname. I write this letter for him because he is too young to write it by himself. Thank you for writing to him. This year, he is in Kindergarten. He is practicing to write his name, but he still cannot write it well. He keeps practicing to write it well. Do you like to go cycling? Please pray for his studies. May God bless you with happiness forever. 

______________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment