Adsense

Monday, March 5, 2018

Letters with Beautiful Artwork

My kids have been drawing me great pictures lately. I'm so happy to share their letters and artwork with all of you today. Warning: This will be a long post. Only five days into March and I've already received several letters. My kids are amazing!

Let begin with a letter from Ayling, my sweet girl who lives in Nicaragua. She tells me about how she celebrated Christmas and she also shares that things at home are going well. I didn't know things maybe weren't going so well, but I am honored that she felt like she can be open with me.

Ayling is 11 years old. Her letter is dated January 12th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hi Esteemed Sponsor Kayla, 

I am so happy for writing to you. I hope that you and your family are fine. Thanks for your sponsorship and your letter. Thanks for always remembering me. I love you so much. My family and I are fine, thanks to God. I want to tell you that I was in the project's Christmas choir. We sang on December 23rd in a service. We sang Christmas songs. I was very happy. We also had a Christmas dinner. I say thanks because my family is now searching for God. My home is better. What is your favorite Christmas song? How are you in this 2018? I ask you to pray for my family, for God to always guide us. We are praying for you to be fine. I say goodbye with kisses and hugs. I look forward to your letter and photos. 

Ayling


________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Kamaldine, which is written on the My Community template. Each of these little template letters really gives great information about what our children's lives are like. 

Kamaldine is 6 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. Her letter was written on November 18th, 2017. A bit of a slow traveler, yes? 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. My community is called: Monsin

2. It is located in: Ouahigouya

3. The dominant ethnic group in my community is: Mossi

4. The most spoken language in my community is: Moore

5. The most common type of transportation in my community is: Bicycle 

6. One fun thing we do in my community is: Have a traditional New Year celebration 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello! I am very happy to write to you! I have received your letter and my family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers. All is well here. On Thursday I was at school with my friends. We have resumed classes. Now I am in grade 2. Soon we will sit for an exam before the Christmas holidays. I wish a Merry Christmas to you and your family. Bye!


________________________________________________________________________________

The letter in the middle of this post will be from my sweet little one Nicol. In this letter, she is telling me more information about the house she lives in. It has really helped me picture what her home looks like. 

Nicol is 5 years old and is from Colombia. She wrote this letter on January 31st, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My house is made of: Wood 

2. My house has a Cement floor. 

3. My house has a roof of: Tile 

4. A get water from: A well 

5. Do I have electricity in my house?: Yes 

6. In my house, I sleep in: A bed 

May God pours lots of blessings on you dear Kayla. Nicol and her family are so grateful for you caring for her. She says she likes it when her mom reads your letters to her, especially the verses and the drawings. As she has already started school, she wants to learn to read and write. Her family will pray for you and the children. She sends you this verse: 1 John 4:10. Nicol says her brother is 8 years old and is doing well. Yes, he attends the CDC with her as well. He also has a sponsor. They both attend the center and love learning what we teach them. 



_________________________________________________________________________________

This post will end with two letters from Colombia, from the two boys I still can't help referring to my CO-384 boys, even though only one boy still attends that project and the other moved. But still, old habits die hard. 

Let's start with the child who actually attends project CO-384, Jonatan. Things seem to be going very well for me and he drew me a lovely picture! He's turning into quite a budding artist. 

Jonatan is 10 years old. His letter is dated February 3rd, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of the Lord. I'm happy that you and your family are fine. I also send greetings to Gage and Chloe. May God bless you. I want you to know that I am training very hard in soccer. We won one championship, but we also lost one. I will move on with God's help. I want to thank God for having such a wonderful person like you. I love you. I want to thank God for me being such a fortunate kid and for being able to greet you. I want to thank you for your letters and for the images to color. They are beautiful and I am going to color them nicely. May God bless you even more and give you wisdom in your daily work. I give you this promise; Ezekiel 34:30. 


________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of this post is from Daniel, also from Colombia, as I said. He's such an intelligent boy and always has been. This letter is telling me details about his home, as well as just general info about his life. His letters are a joy to read. 

Daniel is 12 years old. His letter is dated January 24th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor, 

How have you been? I'm very happy to write to you once again. I'm really thankful for your sponsorship, which has been a great blessing for me. I want to tell you that my house is made of bricks and it has a cement floor. The roof is made of zinc, we get water through the aqueduct, and the house also gets electrical power. I sleep in a big bed. We also have a big patio where we grow yucca plants, Quito oranges, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro. I want to ask you some questions: Where do you live? What is your house like? When I turn 20, I want to come visit you and spend some time there with you and your family. My family and I are very well, thanks to God. About your questions; my family and I moved to another place that is closer to another project. I am adapting very well to the new project and I know some people. They are very happy. I will keep praying for you and your prayer requests. I love you very much and I want to meet you. Can you come here so I can hug you and play with you? I say goodbye to you with a big hug and much love to you. I give you a biblical promise with Isaiah 41:10. May God bless you dear sponsor. 


_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment