Adsense

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Letters to My Kids: November 2017

Right before I started this post, I realized that I haven't written a post like this since August. 

Spoiler alert: I totally wrote letters to my kids in September and October. 

No, I'm not going to tell you what I wrote, haha. I'm just going to start fresh with November. Mostly because I'm lazy. 

But anyway, I wrote two letters to my kids in November. 

Due to the speed of letter delivery, I decided to wait until the beginning of November to write my Christmas letters. Some of my kids have been getting my letters in literally 2 weeks, so I'm still pretty sure many of them are receiving these Christmas letters long before Christmas. But, it's the message that counts, right? 

For Christmas, I didn't write a full letter. I used one of Compassion's awesome Christmas greeting card options. They even come with a coloring page on them! I just included a simple Christmas message to my kids and sent it along. 




Then, at the very end of the month, I wrote a Thanksgiving themed letter. I have never really told my kids about Thanksgiving before since none of them celebrate it, but I gave a brief explanation about the holiday. Then I decided to introduce them to one of the lovely Thanksgiving symbols: a cornucopia. I talked about how it is a symbol of harvest and sharing. I included a bit of history about it and then talked about how it is used as a decoration in our homes, as a symbol of abundance and thanking God for what we have. I sent along a photo and a coloring page of a cornucopia. I also sent  photo of me with my mom and sister on Thanksgiving. 






No comments:

Post a Comment