Adsense

Sunday, December 24, 2017

End of 2017 Letters: Part 3

I just realized, on the third and what I thought would be the final post of my letters for the year, and then I remembered that 2017 actually does not end after Christmas, haha, but December still has a week until it ends. I very well could get letters before the end of the year. Oh well...I tried, haha.

But, if I don't receive more letters before the end of the year, this will be my final letter post of 2017. It'll be a mystery, haha.

Let's start today's post with a letter from Marinelis. She is another child that I had an instant connection with. It's hard to explain because I love all of my Compassion kids so much, but there are those few that I just feel a special connection to. If you're a Compassion sponsor, I think you understand.

Marinelis is 15 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated October 30th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and your family? I hope you're fine. How is the weather over there? I started a beauty course and I'm doing really well, thanks to God. At the project, they help me to pay for it, and at school, I'm doing well. I hope that you pray for me as I pray for you. My mom is going to start a business where I live, if it's God's will. How is Brandilyn? Brandilyn got married? How are the kids you take care of? Thank you for all the letters you have sent me. 

With Love,
Marinelis 


________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from a little guy; Joseph. He is telling me a little bit more about what he does at school. 

Joseph is 6 years old and lives in Guatemala. His letter is dated November 29th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Do I got to school? Yes 

2. At school I learn how to: Sing

3. At recess time I like to: Play 

4. At break time I like to eat: Juice 

Dear Sponsor,

Joseph greets you with much love. He thanks you for the letters. He enjoyed the pictures very much and he now gives answers to your questions. Yes, he has seen a sun eclipse. Weather here is warm and most of the year we have hot days. He likes to place he lives because there are some ruins and some lakes. His mother's name is Yesenia. His grandfather's name is Jose and his father's name is Edgar. 



______________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Nikko, who I've just watched grow and change immensely over the years. I'm so proud of all he's accomplished! 

Nikko is 18 years old and from the Philippines. His letter is dated October 10th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello my friend! I'm glad to receive a letter from you again. I hope you are having a wonderful day. By the way, about your questions. First, I like to wear my favorite shoes and shirt. This morning, I ate bread and coffee for breakfast. We have a small house with only one room. Our project is a wide lot with trees all around it. It has three rooms made of wood and a small office for staff, made of concrete. It has a basketball court that is beside our church. Our church is made of wood. If I were given a free hour today, I would like to play with my friends. My family makes me laugh. My siblings and friends too. There are too many funny things that happen to me, I can't choose just one. I last attended a recognition party from the project. It was held at a local hotel here in the city. My best friend is also a student in our project. We are also neighbors. We grow together. The advice I give to younger children is to be a good person. Thank you for all your questions. What are your plans for this coming Christmas? Please continue to pray for me and my family to have good health. God bless! 

Love, 
Nikko 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now we get to hear from Jonathan and learn about some of his favorite things. :) 

Jonathan is 8 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. He wrote this letter on November 25th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite food is: Salad 

2. The color I like best is: Green

3. My favorite sport is: Soccer 

4. My best friend is: Donald 

5. My favorite Bible hero is: Abraham 

Dear Kayla, 

It is on behalf of Jonathan that I'm writing this letter to you. He is very happy because he received letters and a gift too. Please pray for his little sister who is sick. She has wounds in her mouth. He wishes you a merry Christmas 2017. Goodbye. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Two more letters to go! Whew! 

This next letter is from Mariela. Her and I are coming up on our one-year anniversary together. :) I'm so grateful to know her. 

Mariela is 12 years old and lives in El Salvador. Her letter was written on November 28th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings and blessings to you. How have you been? I hope with all my heart that when you read this letter, you will be enjoying many blessings from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want to tell you that you are always in each of my prayers, for God to keep you safe and bless you always. I want to tell you a bit about my learning at the project. At the project, I am in a math reinforcement class and I have also learned courtesy habits, such as greeting others on sight. They have also taught me to believe in Jesus , to go to church, and to love my family. I want to thank you for what you do for me and for the letter you sent me. I ask you to always pray for God to keep me safe and to bless me. Good bye with much love. 

With Much Love,
Mariela


_________________________________________________________________________________

And we have reached the end of the letter blogging marathon. We end this series of posts with a letter from Jhon. The two of us go way back and I just recently found out that his graduation from the project has been extended, so we get to keep writing to each other. Whoo hoo! 

Jhon is 18 years old and is from Bolivia. His letter is dated November 17th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of our Lord. My family and I are in good health. I have just arrived home from my trip to Chile. I visited my aunts and cousins. I also worked. I did well in my work. I was living with my aunt. Every Saturday, I helped my aunt sell things at the fair. I enjoyed Chile's climate. It is very hot here in Santa Cruz. It is not very hot there in Pica. The weather is cool. I met my father's sister. It was a lovely reunion. I met my cousins that I did not know. I had a great time with my cousins. I am going to apply for the GAP program at the project. I will celebrate Christmas and New Year's Day here with my family. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Blessings. My prayer request is for my family, for me, and for those that don't have anything to eat or drink. I say goodbye for now with the peace of our Lord. 

Love,
Jhon

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment