Adsense

Friday, December 22, 2017

End of 2017 Letters: Part 1

Over the next few days, I will be posting daily. I want to post all of the letters I received this month (and it's a good deal) before the end of 2017. I want to start the new year off with a clean slate! So I will be posting daily until all the letters are posted. Feel free to read or not, haha.

Let's start with a letter from Carlos, who is 17 years old and lives in Honduras. He wrote this letter on November 6th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla! 

I hope you are in good health. I am in good health. Thank you for the letter you sent me and for writing it. My goal is to be a doctor. My sisters from older to younger are Kelly, then Cynthia. I spend most of my time with my brother Julian. At home we live, my family and me. My mom prepares food for us. What I like to do with my family is play together. We did not see the eclipse because it was cloudy. I have never seen one before. I am glad you enjoyed that experience in your country. I liked to see the photos of the eclipse. My mom's name is Karen. I will always pray for your family. I read the Bible verse you sent, Romans 8:11, in the Bible they gave me at the CDC. What is your favorite fruit? I ask your prayers for me and for my family always. I am thankful with God for everything that you are. Goodbye with a strong hug. 

Carlos Alexander




________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a super long letter and another beautiful drawing from Rujikorn.

Rujikorn is 13 years old and lives in Thailand. Her letter is dated November 16th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Hello. I would like to thank you very much for your letter, pictures, and interesting questions. I am very excited and happy. I enjoy studying at school every day. I attend the activities at the project every Saturday. I have practiced teaching the young students, age 3-5. I tell them the story of God's creation, teach them to memorize scripture, to practice praying, and singing. The children can do very well. They are smart and can memorize the scripture very well. You are my good friend who keeps encouraging and helping me and praying for me all along. You are part of my family. I am studying in the 7th grade. In October, I started the 2nd semester. There are two semesters in each academic year. Next year, in April, I will start studying in the 8th grade. I thank God that I have grown up with God's grace. I help my parents with working, such as washing clothes, cooking, cleaning, and washing dishes. I am studying in a school that is far from my house. I take a monthly shuttle bus. I will pray for your new house. I believe that God can help you. Luke 1:37 says, "For with God, nothing shall be impossible." I will answer your questions: 

1. I like to dress casually. I don't like to dress sexy. 
2. Today I have eaten boiled bamboo shoot with chili paste. It's very delicious. 
3. My house is a wooden house and it has two bedrooms. 
4. At the project, there are 4 classrooms for the following age groups: 3-5 years, 6-8 years, 9-11 years, and 12-14 years. 
5. In my free time, I read the Bible and play healthy sports. 
6. The thing that makes me laugh is my friends when we play together. 
7. Some of my friends talk too much and it makes me laugh. 
8. My best friend is you and the friends who I study with. But there is a friend who is better than anyone in the world, and it is Jesus, our God.
9. The last party I participated in was the Mother's Day event at the project in August. 
10. My closest friend is Noochjaree. She is younger than me and I keep helping her when she needs a tutor. I also tell her about Jesus. 

I would like to thank you very much for your answers and for your living. Please pray for my studies and my parent's work. I pray for your always. May God protect you and your family from bad things, like harm and sickness. I wish you to have only good things in your life. I love you and miss you. 

Rujikorn


________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Lina. This post today is starting to be just about letters from teenagers. I am just posting them in the order that I received them, so it's just the luck of the draw today! 

Lina is 18 years old and lives in Colombia. She wrote this letter on October 25th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

It is a pleasure for me to greet you once again in our Holy God's name. Now I'd like to tell you about what I like. My best friend is a boy who attends my CDC. His name is Joel. I spend most of my time in the CDC with him. The colors I feel attracted to are black and purple. I like how much grandma cooks fish which, by the way, is my favorite food. The activities I often do are going for walks and visiting friends. I also like to sing. A sport I often practice and like is soccer. Now I'd like to answer your questions. We've had solar eclipses in certain cities in my country. Unfortunately, this kind of phenomenon has not been seen in my city. Now, I'd like to tell you that my health is a little bit delicate. I want you to pray that I can get better. Also pray for my family. I want to thank you for your monthly financial aid to my CDC and for your letters. I say goodbye giving you this Bible verse: Matthew 22:37-40. I hope it blesses your life. 

Lina

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, onto a letter from Edwin Anju, who I just can't figure out which name he prefers. He seems to use them interchangeably. I've been using Anju when I think/talk about him because I think it's such a fun name. He signed his last letter with Anju and he signed this letter with Edwin. It looks like I will have to ask him what he likes to be called. 

Anju is 13 years old and lives in Indonesia. His letter is dated October 11th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Shalom Kayla, 

Thank you for your letter. I will answer the questions from your letter about things I like. I like riding a bicycle around my house. The names of my family members are: My father is Fran Seda, my mother is Dorti, my big sister is Devi Sarah, my big brother is Risky Imanuel, and my little brother is Frandi. There are bananas and many vegetables in our garden. I like wearing t-shirts and shorts. Today I've eaten rice and fried catfish. I have two bedrooms at home. We have three classrooms at the project. If I had an hour off today, I would play soccer. Something that makes me laugh is a funny story. My best friend is Jonson. I have never seen a solar eclipse before. That's all my letter now. 

Edwin Anju



________________________________________________________________________________ 

I am going to close out today's post with a letter from Jhoyra. I love how she is "fishing" for more coloring pages from me. :) 

Jhoyra is 11 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is dated November 8th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you for the letter that you sent me. I am glad to know that Gage and Chloe are finishing preschool. I tell you that I like to paint, but I like to pages to color you send better. I do handicrafts with colored paper. I also tell you that we did a parade for Halloween and there was a vigil at night. I tell you that my birthday was on October 1st and I had a great time with my family. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I say goodbye with a big hug. 

Jhoyra

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment