Adsense

Saturday, December 23, 2017

End of 2017 Letters: Part 2

Let's read some more letters! Whoo hoo!

We'll begin with a letter from Enmanuel from the Dominican Republic. He promises a photo in his next letter. I really hope he remembers!

Enmanuel is 9 years old and his letter is dated November 1st, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

God bless you. I want to know how you are. How are you doing? I'd like to know how you celebrate Christmas. You asked me a question and yes, I can send you a photo and I will send you one after my birthday celebration. Until then, I will do my best to draw a picture of my family. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I'll be praying for you and your family. 


________________________________________________________________________________


Now a letter from my sweet, not-so-little guy, Daniel. His letters are always such a joy to read. I've had a mystery connection with Daniel since the very beginning. There is just something special about him, to me. 

Daniel is 12 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated October 24th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello dear sponsor. How have you been? I am glad to greet you again and to communicate with you nicely. I now answer your questions so you can know more about me. My favorite clothes are jeans and t-shirts so I can look young. My favorite foods are cooked plantains, steak with onions, and rice. God has blessed me with a beautiful place to live. I live with my dad and he is a tutor at the CDC. I also live with my mom, who works in a bakery. My siblings are Adrian, Ingrid, and Miguel. We all live together in a house that God has given us. It has two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a big patio. Regarding my CDC, it has two floors. On the upper floor, there are 3 classrooms, toilets, an office, the file room, and the computer room for our homework. On the ground floor, there is a huge dining room, the TV room, the kitchen, and other toilets. What I like to do in my spare time is play soccer. What I most like to do is spend time with my siblings. I have spent many nice and funny moments with them. I do not remember the last time I attended a party, but I'm sure I had a good time. My best friend is God, however I spent the most time with my friend Julian. My advice for younger children is to not be rude. Thanks for keeping in mind my sister's 15th birthday. I will celebrate my birthday with my family and I will share snacks with them. I moved to another neighborhood and I started studying in a new school. There are 41 girls and 41 boys. Some of them are friendly and some others are complex. I see you had and saw an eclipse. How was that experience for you? I hope to watch a sun eclipse someday. I thank you so much for sharing with me. Pray for me so much. Read Psalm 23. I love you so much. 

Daniel 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Brian. The letter is lacking some detail, but the drawing he sent me is pretty great! 

Brian is 16 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated November 18th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in Jesus' name. I'm hoping that you are fine together with your family. My family and I are doing well and God has been our protector. I love Jesus as my personal savior and I usually go to church every Sunday. I am working hard in school so that I can get good grades and attend a good university. Before I wind up, I have a memory verse to share. It comes from Proverbs 15:15, which says, "The days of the wicked are wretched, but the good have continual feast." I wish you a Merry Christmas and happy new year. Thank you for your support and God bless you. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

How about a letter from Ronaldo now? :) 

Ronaldo is 20 years old and lives in Colombia. He wrote this letter on October 25th, 2017. 

______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I love it when you write to me. I loved the eclipse photos. Here in my country, the sky hasn't darkened like it did there, but I have seen several eclipses. It is a unique experience. I would like to answer all of your questions, but I don't have much space. I want to tell you that my best friend is Josue. We like going to the countryside and playing our favorite sport, soccer. My favorite actor is Sylvester Stallone. I love eating seasoned rice with shredded chicken. I love the color blue in all its shades. What is your favorite color? My favorite activity is going to the movies. I am so grateful to you for helping me in the project. It is thanks to your support that I have so many friends and we have built a very good relationship. I have learnt a lot about the gospel of Christ. I ask you please to pray for my family. I say goodbye with this Bible verse from Ephesians 2:8-9, "God saved you by his grace when you believed. You can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things have done, so none of us can boast about it." 

Ronaldo

________________________________________________________________________________

We move onto our first template letter of this posting series. Acram wrote to me on the How I Have Fun template. 

Acram is 6 years old and lives in Tanzania. This letter was written on November 29th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. When I am outside I like to: Herd animals and play with friends

2. When I am inside I like to: Talk with my grandmother and learn how to draw

3. One sport I like is: Soccer

4. I play with: My friends and relatives 

5. When I am bored I like: To be quiet 

6. A fun thing I like to do is: Singing 

Acram and his family are very happy to get your letter. They say thank you. May God bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I will close out today's post with a letter from Jhonrex, who is 17 years old and lives in the Philippines. Out of my many kids, I feel like Jhonrex really has had his share of struggles in life. I am so happy when I read positive letters from him! 

This letter is dated October 6th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hi! How are you this time? If you would ask about me, I am fine/good. Thanks for your letter. I really enjoyed reading it. Here are my answers to some of your questions. I enjoy eating pork and it is what we are eating here today. Our house is made of cement. Our center's atmosphere is beautiful and I enjoy playing basketball here. What makes me laugh are jokes or when I ride on my skates. Last year I attended a party in our center. The name of my best friend is Almaris. My advice for kids under my age is to obey their parents. I am learning so many things about the word of God in our center. I have joined also in a "cell group." Please pray for God to give me good health, for me to be able to continue schooling in the next year. Where will you celebrate Christmas? I have loved message in this verse here, in Psalm 139:14, "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." God bless you. 

Jhonrex

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment