Adsense

Sunday, July 9, 2017

So Many Letters!

Early last week, I was talking to a friend about how I hadn't received any letters in over a week. I know, I know, that's not a long wait at all. I wasn't worried that the wait was long, I just thought that was unusual. With how many kids I have, I usually get at least one letter a week and going over a week without a letter was odd.

Well, I then learned that I wasn't the only one. Letters hadn't been going through on accounts since July 26th. They were stuck somehow. Well, on July 5th, the flood gates opened and everyone started receiving letters. I got 12 letters in one day! And then 3 letters the day after. Whew! So I have 15 letters to share with you this week. I think I'll share 5 with each post and finish by the end of the week.

I'll start with a letter from Ronaldo. This guy is always so encouraging to me. We always think about writing to these Compassion kids to encourage them. We rarely think about how encouraging these kids will be to us. I thank God for the correspondence program everyday.

Ronaldo is 20 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated April 19th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


My Friend Kayla, 

How are you? I'm seeing right now the letters you sent to me and I really like to know about you! Thank you for the photos you shared with me. I tell you in my country there are currently places where it rains and other places were there is drought. There have been many floodings. Did you see in the news what happened in Mocoa? Please pray for them. They did it very much. The program I attend is called Love in Action. There are 406 children, along with staff members who work and fear God. Please also pray for them. I go to the projects on Sundays and my favorite activity is the spiritual retreats. What I like to eat is rice with chicken and fruit juice. Yummy! Thank you for everything you write me to tell me about your things. I really love that! You have no idea how joyous I am to have someone as special as you sponsoring me! Kayla, may God reward all your good actions and mine. Look at this Kayla, it says in the word of God, "For You have made him a little lower than the angels and You have crowned him with glory and honor." Don't you think we're important to God? We are really privileged. Don't you think? Always remember this. God never and will never lie. I love you very much. 

Ronaldo

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Jhon. My dear Jhon, who I've been writing to for years now. This great young man will graduate from Compassion in October. In just three short months. In his country, two years of military is required for all citizens and he will join the service at the end of the year. I am so proud of the man Jhon has grown into. 

Jhon is 18 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote this letter on April 19th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. I thank you for all your letters, photos, and stickers. Thanks for the words of love. I'm glad to know about you through letters. I want to tell you that at the student letter, I'm the one that receives the most letters. I am happy when they give them to me. I want to tell you that I'm happy. On Saturdays, I go to the pre-military exercises. I'm running out of space, so I'll keep answering in the next letter. May God bless you. Please pray for my family. 

Jhon

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, we switch gears and read a letter from a little one; Veronika. She wrote this letter on The Weather template. 

Veronika is 7 years old and lives in Haiti. Her letter is dated June 5th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my community often the weather is: Warm 

2. On my birthday, the weather is usually: Cool

3. During summer, the weather is: Warm 

4. When it is sunny, I like to: Take a Bath

5. When it is rainy, I like: Play in the Water

6. At Christmas, the weather is usually: Cold 

Today, Veronika is delighted to write you this letter. She's greeting you in Jesus' name. How are you? How are your activities going? She's very well and everything is going well. She's pleased about the nice story you sent her. She likes it very much. One morning, she woke up and saw a hen running after a cockroach. They run a lot, but unfortunately the hen ate the cockroach because it found no place to hide. Veronika is praying to God to keep blessing you and your family. Pray for her that God can make her succeed in all that she's doing. She's sharing this verse with you; Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." 



_________________________________________________________________________________

Another form letter is up next! This time, from sweet Zenebu. In this letter, I hear all about her latest medical checkup. I am so glad that Compassion provides our kids with medical treatment. 

Zenebu lives with her single mother, who has previously been attending class to get a better job. I am saddened by the news that her mother had to withdraw from class to work. 

Zenebu is 6 years old and lives in Ethiopia. This letter is dated October 22nd, 2017, which I know is a mistake because the letter is talking about things that happened after that date. I know that Ethiopia uses a different calendar than the rest of the world, so dates are often translated incorrectly. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. My last medical checkup was: Nov. 17th 

2. For my medical checkup, I went to: My project center

3. I got to my medical checkup: On foot 

4. I went to my medical checkup with: My mother 

5. I felt happy about going to my medical checkup

6. During my medical checkup, I saw: A stethoscope

Please pray for my mother and father, for God to be with them always. I've got the letter you sent me. I like to play. I look like my mother and her sister. I use my right hand to write. My favorite color is red. I like sheep. My favorite food is macaroni. My mother has withdrawn from her class and she is now working as a laborer. 

________________________________________________________________________________ 

The last letter for the day is from Gary. My young man who proudly announces that pink and purple are his favorite colors and draws me pink and purple airplanes. He is so chatty and shares details freely. I'm so proud to know this guy.

Gary is 16 years old and lives in Nicaragua. His letter is dated June 5th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings from your sponsored child. I want to tell you that on Christmas, I was very happy with my family. I went on a walk to the park with my friends. We brought fireworks and we were playing with them. At midnight, it is a tradition in my country to light fireworks. It is something really exciting. My family is healthy. At the project, I feel happy. I had a medical checkup. I came out well and they gave me vitamins. I always pray for that that God will always care for you and bless you. Thank you for the letter and the beautiful pictures you sent to me. How is the weather there? What kinds of activities do you like to do with your family? I ask you to pray for my family so that God will always care for us and bless us. Thank you for all your love and sponsorship. I say goodbye with much love. See you soon! 

Your Sponsored Child,
Gary


________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment