Adsense

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Happiness is a Collection of Letters

That sounded like some ancient proverb. Haha!

But, I will be sharing several letters with you today.

First up, a letter from little Joseph. He is 6 years old and from Guatemala. His letter is dated June 6th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Your little friend Joseph greets you with lots of love and affection and he wishes you lots of blessings from God for you. He wants you to know he is in very good health and happy for you. He also says he would like to get to know you and your family through a photograph. He wants to ask you, how do you have fun? 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, we jump up a bit in age and read a letter from Joel. This young man of mine has such big dreams and I love that! His sister has big dreams too. I hope they both get to accomplish all they want! 

Joel is 16 years old and lives in Mexico. His letter is dated April 22nd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I want to tell you about me and my family. We live closer to my mother's family because my father's family lives in another state. I have a sister named Milka who is studying to become a chef. Her dream is traveling to France and I hope she achieves it. My favorite sport is to play soccer. I also like taking pictures, running outdoors, and watching TV. The place where I live is surrounded by mountains. It is cold. It is also hot. One of the most popular legends here is the Legend of the Wailer. It is about a dancer woman who lost her children and she has been looking for them ever since. She cries and wails every night for them. Pray for my sister, my parents, and me. I would like to ask you what the place you live is like. Thank you for being my friend. 

Joel

________________________________________________________________________________

It's a bit of a back and forth today. Back to a letter from a little one! 

Airin wrote to me on the weather template. I have been receiving a lot of weather related letters lately! 

Airin is 7 years old and lives in Indonesia. Her letter is dated June 6th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. Right now, the weather is: Hot

2. When the weather is sunny, I like to: Swim 

3. When the weather is rainy, I like to: Take a nap 

4. My favorite kind of weather is: Hot, because then I can go swimming with my friends. 

5. On my birthday, the weather is usually: The rainy season 

Dear Mama Kayla, 

Thank you for your letter, Mama Kayla. We are having the dry season here. I am happy because every afternoon I can go swimming and play in the water with all my friends. I am 7 now. I also like to help my mom to draw water, wash dishes, and do laundry. I go to school on foot with my neighbor friend every day. Please pray for my family, for them to be strong and have long lives and be blessed richly. May Jesus bless you! 

________________________________________________________________________________

I will end my post with my sweet daughter, Faith. I call her my daughter because she recently became a total orphan and asked if she could call me Mama. I will never take that lightly. She is now in the care of a much older brother who seems to be a wonderful light in her life. Faith's letters have been so full of hope and happiness lately! She calls her brother and his wife her parents now. 

Faith is 11 years old and lives in Kenya. Her letter was written on June 24th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hi My Sponsor! 

How have you been? I hope that you are still going on well. On my side, Jesus Christ is the Savior and he has been my protector. I have got all of the reasons to thank the almighty. We are glad together, with my family members, as I write this letter to you. I am very thankful for the letter that you sent to me. My parents appreciated it since they were eagerly awaiting information from you. We thank God that we are in a peaceful environment. The climate has been a threat to some people. In spite of all this, we still believe in God, hoping in him. This year, we are going to conduct elections. I request prayers from you that we will have peaceful elections. It is upon all the pupils and students to pray and cry out to God. If the elections cause conflict, we are likely to be affected. From the book of Job, we learnt his story, which gives us hope and encourages us to strengthen our faith. Lastly, greet your family members. I thank you for your sponsorship and may God bless you so much. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment