Adsense

Sunday, July 30, 2017

My Teens are So Lovely

I just can't express in words how wonderful my teenagers are. They are each so talented and special and loved. They also write wonderful letters. I feel so honored to be a part of each of their lives, for as long as God allows. I will share letters from four of these lovely teens today.

I'll start with Marinelis. This letter was stuck in transit for awhile, but it finally arrived to my account. Better late than never because this letter has some great information.

Marinelis is 15 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. The letter is dated March 4th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello! How are you and your family? I haven't written back because they haven't given me the paper to write to you. I will now answer your questions. My house is made out of cement blocks. I live with my mom and my siblings. I sleep on a bed. Yes, we get water through indoor piping. The most common jobs in my community are car driver, motorcycle taxi driver, and caretaker. Compassion helps the community and helps the children do their homework. People in my community are located by motorcycle and bus. In the project, I like the word of God and the trips that they organize. The typical foods in my community are rice, beans, and meat. Yes, there are very well-known places in my country and people from other countries visit my country. Yes, I have been praying for Brandilyn and for her marriage. My family and I are very well thanks to God. Tell Brandilyn I say hello. 

Goodbye with Love,
Marinelis



_______________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from my sweet Erick. In his letter, he is also answering many of my questions. It's fun to learn even the smallest details about our kids. Helps us see more into their personalities. 

Erick is 14 years old and lives in Honduras and his letter is dated June 26th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

It is a pleasure to communicate with you today. How are you and your family members? I am very healthy. I tell you that I am getting on well at school and my favorite subject is natural science. I am thankful for the photographs, letter, and drawings that you sent me. They are very beautiful. My school is large and there are 300 students. Classes have begun and I am in 7th grade. What do you like to study? Here in Honduras, the weather is a little hot and sometimes cold. I ask you to pray that I do well in my studies and that I am able to pass the grade. I hope to hear from you soon and to read your letters and to know that you are happy. I will answer your questions now. When I am sad I like to read books. I am very afraid of snakes. I do not play any instruments. I look like my older sister. When I am older, I want to be an architect. I write with my right hand. My chores at home are to clean my room and clean my clothes. I like to sleep and play soccer. My favorite animal is the dog. My favorite color is red. My favorite food is Chinese rice. I support Honduras, but I like Real Madrid. I have two sisters. Jenni is 15 years old and Marbella is 9 years old. My grandmother likes to watch TV. 

With Love,
Erick 


________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Sevenson. This young man went quite awhile without writing to me and I have recently been receiving letters from him again. 

Sevenson is 16 years old and is from Haiti. He wrote this letter on June 19th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I'm happy to greet you in the name of the Savior. My family and I are very well. I hope that you and your family are fine. My school activities are going very well. I always succeed in the exams. My favorite subject is mathematics. My church activities are going very well and I always participate in Sunday School. How are your church activities going? Thanks for the letter you sent me. Pray for me so that I can have a good school vacation. I'm praying God to bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I will end with a letter from Jose. This letter was WAY stuck somewhere in cyberspace. It took over 6 months to get to me! No idea...

I asked my kids to describe their perfect day. I love Jose's answer! 

Jose is 18 years old and lives in Peru. His letter is dated December 9th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus. I'm hoping that you are in good health. First of all, thank you for the letters you sent me. I'm in good health. I used to like balls and remote control cars when I was a child. Well, my perfect day would be one where I could sleep late, be at home helping my mom with the chores, spend the whole afternoon with my siblings, playing in the countryside, arrive home at night, watch TV with my family, and go to bed late with my siblings in one bed. My best friends are my siblings because we experience many things together. Once, we were raising sheep at my house and we took them to the field to feed them. We got distracted playing and the sheep got lost. It was very late when we realized that and we spent a lot of time trying to find them. Finally, we found them late at night. We returned home very late and my mom scolded us. We experience these kids of things together as siblings. My message to Taye is to continue studying to fulfill his dreams and to always be with God, because His arrival is very soon. Which were your favorite toys when you were a child? Which is your favorite Bible story? Please pray for me and my family, for our health, so everything may be alright with us. Goodbye with a strong hug and kiss. 

Your Sponsored Child,
Jose 

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment