Adsense

Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Trio of Love from Kenya

I have been blessed with such a wonderful group of kids from Kenya. I've heard from three of those wonderful kids this week. I am so happy to share those letters with you today.

Let's start off with a letter from my daughter Faith. This is actually a letter that has been stuck in the system for a very long time. I have received letters from her written after this letter, but this one just arrived.

Faith is 11 years old and she wrote this letter on December 2nd, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Hello Kayla!

I hope you are fine. I am fine and I am going on well with my family members. I thank God for protecting us. My school is called Ithumbi Primary School. We closed our school for vacation. I am promoted to standard 6. May you pray for me as I am praying for you and your community. I wish to meet you and have a verbal talk with you. I go to church at Itumbule Baptist Church. We recite verses and sing. I wish you a good Christmas and happy new year. I share this verse; Ephesians 4:5. It says, "One Lord, one faith, one baptism." May God bless you! 

Faith




_______________________________________________________________________________

Onto a more current letter now, from Brian. He is 15 years old. His letter is dated July 1st, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in Jesus' name. I hope that you are doing well. It is another opportunity to write a letter to you. I received the letters from you and I enjoyed reading them. I am glad that God has been protecting me and my family. I usually pray for you and your family. The weather in my country is rainy. Before I wind up, I want to share a memory verse with you from Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, but not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a better future." Thank you for your support and may God bless you. 

Brian 


________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, a letter from Lemayian. He is a Masaii child and his family relies almost solely on their crops and their cattle. It sounds like things are not going so well with either of those things right now, do to lack of rain. I am so glad that Lemayian has Compassion to help him in this time of drought. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


First, I am greeting you inn the name of our Lord. It is my hope and prayer that you are fine in the Lord with your family. We have planted maize in our gardens, but they have dried up. Pray for our country's general elections and for the rain. Our cattle have migrated and we are praying it will rain soon. Thank you for supporting me and my family. I thank you for the five letters I have received from you. I am very happy and my family is also happy. I hope to hear from you again as I am now in polytechnic (higher education). I trust God that I will do well. Good bye. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment