Adsense

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Carlos Received His Gift!

In October, I was able to send some gifts to Honduras through a couple of friends who were going on a sponsor tour. It's always so much fun to be able to choose gifts and send them to our kiddos! It's even better when you not only get a letter about the gift, but you receive photos of your child with the gift. I hit the sponsor jackpot!

If you would like to see what items I was able to send to Carlos, you can visit that blog post here: Gifts To Honduras 


Here is the letter I received from Carlos, following the gift. It's a pretty great one! Carlos is 16 years old. His letter is dated January 25th, 2017 (it got here SUPER fast!)

_______________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Kayla, 

I hope you are in very good health, along with your family. Let me tell you that my family and I are in very good health, thanks to God. Let me tell you that I am doing very well in school. I have a little probably with Technology, but soon I will have the book to understand it and I will learn it. I go to the project on time to learn about the word of God from the bible. About the question you made in your letter, my favorite thing to do ride my bike because I like it and it takes me everywhere. Sometimes I play with my brother with the bike and it is a moment that I enjoy a lot. Do you like riding a bike? The neighborhood where I live is called March 2 and it is in the Department of Yoro, in the city of Progreso. We all speak Spanish and we do many things, like play soccer and ride bikes. Some children play marbles. In my town, the common transportation is the bus, taxi, motorcycle, or bike. The weather here is very hot. There are many people who work at the factories. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I ask you to always pray for me. I say goodbye with love and affection. God bless you. 

Carlos 

P.S: I also want to thank you for the pencil case, pencils, socks, washcloths, pencil sharpener, erasers, and everything else. Until soon! 


_______________________________________________________________________________




1 comment:

  1. What a fun letter! I love how much he shared about himself and the community!! And what a great photo...you can't beat an extra photo and he's smiling in it!! Sending extra gifts is such a treat.

    ReplyDelete