Adsense

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Long Time, No Hear. A.K.A It's About Time!. A.K.A Yay For Letters!

I have two letters to share with you today! As you may be able to tell from the title of this post, these letters have been long-awaited. It's so great to hear from these kids!

First up, I am sharing my very first letter from Jhojaira, who I received as a correspondent child in August. I am thinking that perhaps Jhojaira missed a letter writing day along the way, because she didn't write this letter until the end of the year.

Jhojaira is 13 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is dated December 17th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor, 

Greetings in the name of Jesus. Thank you for the beautiful letter you sent me. I liked it a lot. Now in our country we are celebrating Christmas. Also, for me, it is very important because I celebrate my birthday. I also want to tell you how I am doing in school. I am doing very well, getting good grades. The school closing is near and that is a little bit sad because we have to say goodbye to each other, and see each other next year, after the school break. I am thinking to travel to Lima, the capital of Peru, in my school break. It is a very beautiful city and especially big. I am going to visit my family. I say goodbye with a strong hug, hoping that you are doing well. I always pray for Marinelis, for her to be doing well too. Kisses and hugs. 

Jhojaira

________________________________________________________________________________


This next letter is from Sevenson. The last time I received a letter from this young man was a whole year ago, February 2016. After two inquiries, I received this letter. In this letter, Sevenson mentions that he last wrote to me in April 2016, but I have not seen that letter come through. It must have gotten lost. Even so, his last letter being in April is still a very long wait before writing again. 

Sevenson is 16 years old and lives in Haiti. This letter is dated February 7th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

It is a real pleasure for me to greet you in the name of Jesus, the living one. How are you and your family? I hope everything is well with Jesus. I am happy that you think of me. That makes me feel like I mean a lot to you. My family and I are doing well. I looked in my notebook and saw that I last wrote to you on April 4th, 2016. I got your letter from time to time. I have your questions and information that you shared with me. I am still in the program. I like your pictures. They are important to me. It is necessary for a sponsor to write to his sponsored child because communication is valuable. I am in grade 2 in secondary school. I did well in the 2nd term exam. I enjoy taking part in youth activities. How is your country doing now? We have a new president here, while I am writing to you. I ask you to pray for my family and me to stay healthy. I will be praying for your progression in God. I love you. 

Sevenson

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment