Adsense

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Three Weekend Letters

Yesterday, I received three letters from three of my lovely Compassion kids.

First, I will share the letter from the littlest member of my sponsorship family, Carolin. This is her very first letter to me. The letter is written by her mother, which I love. It'll be so great to get to know her mother until Carolin gets old enough to write by herself.

Carolin is 3 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. This letter is not dated, as it appears to have been written when Carolin was originally enrolled in the project.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

May God bless you a lot! I thank you for being my sponsor. My favorite color is pink. I like to eat cookies. Do you have any children? Do you go to church? What do you work in? What is your favorite color? I live with my mother, my father, and my sister. I ask for your prayers for me. 

Yours,
Carolin

Written by: Carol (Carolin's Mother)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Allison. I am so happy to hear from her. Things were slow-going for awhile there, as we seemed to be building our relationship, but I think we really seem to be connecting now. She's answering my questions and sharing about her life. It's great! 

Allison is 11 years old and lives in Ecuador. Her letter is dated May 16th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Hello, my precious sponsor! I greet you in Jesus's name. Many things have changed at the project and everybody likes that. As for your questions, I am fine. My favorite fruits are apples, strawberries, and grapes. My favorite TV shows are Alvin and the Chipmunks and Barbie. What TV shows do you like? I'd give Jesus my Bible as a gift because it is a very precious thing. I think the crown is beautiful and the little girl has a cute smile. (I shared a picture of the little girl I nanny for wearing a princess tiara). I do learn many things here. Thanks for the letter. Well, that's all for now. I say goodbye to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Allison

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, a letter from Nikko. I am so happy to read this letter! Nikko has been out of school since I started to write to him two years ago. Nikko was living with his uncle and school was difficult for him, so he dropped out and went to work in his uncle's shop. It seems he wants to give school another go. Hallelujah! 

Nikko is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote this letter on June 13th, 2015. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Hi, my beautiful friend! How are you? I hope you are in good health. Me and my family here are fine. Thank you for your latest letter. 

I would like to thank you because I got my school subsidy. I bought notebooks, school shoes, uniform, and more. I decided that I will go back to school again and finish my high school level. I pray that I can make it this time. Please pray the same for me. 

On May 29th-30th, we had our sports camp at the center. We also had our teen camp. We enjoyed every game we played. 

How about you there? What were you doing this summer? How's your season there? Lastly, please continue praying for my family that God will give us blessings, protection, and daily needs. I will pray  for you that God will guide you in your work. Thank you and God bless. 

Love, 
Nikko

Jeremiah 29:12-13 "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment