Adsense

Monday, September 7, 2015

First Letters of September

We're only on week into the month and I've already received 4 letters. Whoo hoo! I will share two of the letters today and another two tomorrow. The two I will share tomorrow have pictures with them! Get excited!

First, a letter from my little Ernest. He doesn't yet write on his own, but his tutor is great at sharing information with me.

Ernest is 9 years old and lives in Ghana. This letter is dated June 13th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________



Thank You Message for Sponsor: He says, thanks so much for your story you shared. You've expressed new information about your country and your sponsorship for him throughout his stay at the project. May God richly bless you. 

Child's Response to Sponsor's Questions: He says the following are a few facts about his country. Independence Day is March 6th, 1957. The flag colors are red, gold, and green. The capital city is Accra. The national anthem is God Bless Your Homeland Ghana. He says that he cleans his teeth everyday in the morning and he has lost some of his baby teeth. 

Child's New Experience at Project/Home/School/Community: He says he has learned how to play football as a team with friends. 

Questions for my Sponsor: He says, how is the weather conditions at your place and how are you? 

Prayer for my Sponsor: He says he prays to God to grant you peace and a long life everyday and may he grant you all your heart desires. 

Prayer Request from Child: He says to pray for him to be a good boy and also to excel in class. 

Memory Verse: Isaiah 9:6 "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us and we be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God." 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, my letter from Abbas. He writes wonderful, long letters with great information. I love the relationship I have with my kids. We really seem to connect and have great conversations. I'm hoping to be able to stay connected with him until he graduates from the program. 

Abbas is 18 years old and lives in Uganda. He wrote this letter on July 18th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I humbly greet you in the name of the almighty God. I hope everything is okay on your side. How is your country? How are your family members? Back to my side, I am okay and my family members are well, except for my father who is sick, but he is on treatment and due to God's grace he will be fine. So pray for him as I also pray for him, so that he can be healed. 

I love writing this letter to thank you for the support you always give me, including school fees, gifts, and letters, especially the last letters. I received them all and went through them. I am good, as you hoped. Thank you for sharing your church information about the celebrations on Good Friday and Easter. God will reward you for spending your time recognizing those days. I also thank you for your care for children, which is good and keep it up. I am very glad to hear that you teach children at your church, which is so good. Even me, I love children below my age and also always like to share with them about God's love. 

The school is going well and we are in preparations for our end of term examinations, but we are always disturbed by sports every year in second term. (I am no idea what that means). So, I request you to pray for me as I always pray for myself to achieve my goals at school and at our project. 

I also thank God for doing a great job at our project. Praise be to Him because we are what we are because of Compassion. It has made us spiritually respectable people and good, God-fearing children. I also thank him for our project teachers for loving us and our project. This is due to the great job they have done to repair our project building. We are soon going to get new uniforms and we also go to conferences, not for tourism, but to learn more about God. We are also having an inter-house talent show in August during school holidays. We have three houses and they are Daniel (blue), Jeremiah (orange), and Isaiah (red). I am very sure that my house will win those competitions because I have ability and I have many talents (competitive guy!) . Let God be with us. 

You are always in my prayers . May God bless you and your family. 

Abbas

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment