Adsense

Friday, March 7, 2014

My Honduran Beauty Loves to Write!

My beautiful girl, Celeste, from Honduras wrote me a beautiful letter. It is four pages long. Four pages. I can just picture her asking her tutor for more writing paper during letter writing time. On the back of each page, she drew me a beautiful picture. I am currently writing this post somewhere where I cannot upload pictures, so if you are reading this and there are no pretty drawings at the end of the post, you've caught me before I've added the pictures. If you see colorful works of art at the end of the text...enjoy!

For those of you who don't know, I was able to visit Celeste during a sponsor tour to Honduras in 2013. It was truly one of the best days of my life and I am hoping to be able to visit her again someday.

Celeste is 11 years old and she wrote this letter on January 20th, 2014.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Beloved and beautiful Kayla,

I am so happy to write to you since our letters are our only form of communication and through them I can tell you everything that happens around me and be able to express the great love my family has toward you. Thank God, I am very well. I love the role of the rainbow when it rains and after the sun comes out. The rainbow reminds me of the promise that God made after it rained a lot. He said that it would no longer rain a lot to cause a flood. I would like to see some snow. It so so nice to be able to play in it. Our climate is almost always hot. 

I am glad that you are happy with your new job. Say hello to the children for me. It has to be fun to be with them. In the mornings, I help my teacher Sarahi with the young children before they begin class in the school and I love to be with children. When I am bigger, I want to be a teacher. 

Christmas in our country is celebrated like it is in yours. In my house, my grandmother put a tree with many colored lights and at the top of the tree is a star and the foot of tree is decorated with lights. It looks very nice and cheerful. The meal we have is sandwiches and tamales. They are delicious and I like them a lot. 

I miss my beautiful Kayla and I remember the fantastic day. I ask God to give you the opportunity to return to my country and we will have a lot of fun. I like when you write me letters. When I write my letters, I'm always in the project. Outside there are trees and carts pass in the street and my classmates make noise on the patio and sometimes I find it hard to concentrate, but my teacher Sarahi helps me to concentrate. (When I wrote one of my letters to Celeste, I was outside at a coffeehouse. I told her what I could see and hear around me and I asked her to do the same thing). 

My grandmother and siblings send you many greeting. Thanks to God, we are fine. I imagine it was fun at the festival with the children, the games, gifts, and delicious sweets. (I told her about a fall festival my church did for the children) In the project, we had a feast on January 20th and it was very nice. We played games and a story was told about how we should give thanks for kind people, like you, for being in our lives and that we are blessed by God. I ask prayer for my family and that we have what we need in my house. We are always praying for your life and and your family, that God blesses you. I love you so much, beautiful Kayla. With much love from my grandmother. I hope you answer soon. God bless you. 

Celeste






_________________________________________________________________________________  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely letter :) I've done the same before (ask my kids to describe what they see etc) and one said he sees all the other kids writing their letters too. I got the idea from my Thineshka who told me that as she was writing, she could see her pet dog sleeping on the doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great way to share what's around you. It was just a spur of the moment idea for me. I was sitting outside at a table and the traffic was so loud. I decided to write about it. Haha.

      Delete
  2. How precious!!! I love her salutation...and her fond memories of your visit. What a sweet girl!!! And a talented artist!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her salutation too. I almost always start my letters to her with "my beautiful Celeste." I guess she had to show me up with "beloved". :)

      Delete