Adsense

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Joy After a Long Weekend

This weekend was a long one, both literally and figuratively. Literally, yesterday was MLK Jr. Day, so it was a no mail delivery day. Anybody else get sad on no mail delivery days? :)

Figuratively, my weekend was long. I typically don't have to work on Saturdays, but this weekend, due to scheduling confusion, I had to go into work for a couple of hours. It wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't from 8:00-10:00 a.m. Saturday is my only sleep in day of the weekend, so I have to admit I was a little sad to lose it. I know, I know, first world problems. I didn't get to sleep in, wah. But still, I'm the type of person who likes that consistency of sleeping in on Saturdays.

Another reason my weekend felt long was the amount of people I spent time with. Don't get me wrong, I love people, but as an introvert, I love people in small doses and for short amounts of time. I spent all morning on Sunday at church, as I usually do. Then, I'm used to coming home and having the rest of the day to rest and recover and prepare for the work week. But, on Sunday night, I got together with some family members for dinner. I love my family and spending time with them is great, but I started my week a little tired. If you're a fellow introvert, you can understand.

Anyway, today I came home from work and I had two letters in the mailbox! Joy in cream colored envelopes!

The first letter I opened was from Wendjy. Wendjy is 18 years old and is from Haiti. This letter was not dated, but it was written sometime before Christmas.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus, the almighty. How are you, your health, and activities? I hope everything will be fine for you, by God's grace. I was happy to receive your last letter you wrote to me. I thank you. I also thank you for your prayers for me for school so I can work better. I believe God will give me intelligence to be successful in my school and everything I do. I'm doing fine, by God's grace and in good health. Everything is okay in my school. I always study and get good understanding of what the teachers are saying. I do not quite understand two subjects; physics and trigonometry, but I'll do my best to understand them. I'm right now in grade 12 and by next year, I will be done with my high school. In Haiti, where I live, kids do all kinds of games like jumping rope, soccer, etc. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2014. 

Wendjy

________________________________________________________________________________

The letter from Dafyne was on the My Typical Day template, with a short message attached. She also drew me a picture of an orange house, a line of pink hearts, and an apple tree. I'm not able to upload the photo, though, so you'll have to use your imagination. :)

Dafyne is 5 years old and from Brazil. This letter was written on November 22nd, 2013. 

________________________________________________________________________________



My Typical Day

Every day, I wake up at: 6:00 a.m
I have my breakfast: At the project
I have lunch: At the project 
My study routine is: Every day I review my studies
Before going to bed: I have a snack
The days of the week I like best: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday 

Dear sponsor, 

I share Deuteronomy 6:5 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart." Dafyne is very happy to give you news. She is healthy and well. In school, her grades are very good. Dafyne sends kisses and hugs to all your family. Kisses! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about not receiving mail on holidays! I was kind of sad Monday when I realized there was no chance for a letter :) Wendjy sounds like such a mature young man!! I love his attitude and trust in God for the intelligence to learn everything! And what a fun letter from Dafyne!! We just received Estela's "My Typical Day" so I'm hoping that Gizelle's template "My Typical Day" will arrive soon. Estela and Dafyne both eat snacks before bed! And I bet her drawing is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete