Adsense

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Honduras Tuesday: New Experiences

Okay, I know, I'm a day late for this post. But, it's not because I was lazy. It's because yesterday was my last day at work and I spent Monday getting my classroom ready for a new teacher/thinking about missing my kids and coworkers/freaking out about life.

Anyway, this week, I planned on writing about some new experiences that I had on my trip to Honduras. There were quite a few things that I haven't experienced before that caught me off guard a little bit. Again, this will be a simple post.

Picture. Caption.

Pictures say it all anyway, don't they?


Armed guards everywhere! I mean everywhere. Airport, restaurants, outside hotels, etc, etc. These guards weren't just armed with little guns, they carried big machine guns. 


The nicest hotel I've ever stayed in


My first taste of Honduran food. Also, my first taste of some kind of orange sauce that about burned my entire tongue off! 


Soda in glass bottles. I knew that it existed, of course, I had just never seen drank one before. 


Kids worshiping with abandon. I know that I've shared this with you before, but I still can't get over it. I don't even hold my hands up like this when I sing at church. 


Stray dogs just wandering in and out of places


Fried tacos. For real...so good. 


Mothers, fathers, children living in cardboard and tin shacks


Children walking around without pants or shoes


Power Chicken. The greatest "fast food" restaurant in all the world! 


Plantain chips. Why didn't I know about this before? 


I ate a whole fish. He has eyes and teeth! 


Lychee fruit! It looks crazy, but it tastes delicious! 


Honduras money is so pretty! 

















2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I loved seeing all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I love this post! Since we have so many people from Latin America and the Caribbean where I live we eat a lot of these foods often. Plantain chips (Cubans call them mariquitas so that's what we call them here) are SO good. So are tostones which I see you also had! Plantains in any form are basically awesome, lol, although maduros (sweet, fried plantains) are my absolute favorite. Also....lychees are delicious! If you ever get a chance to have lychee frozen yogurt, definitely go for it, haha.

    ReplyDelete