Adsense

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Long Letter from Celeste!

I was so excited to see such a long letter from Celeste yesterday. Now that I've met her in person, I know that is definitely a chatty girl, and this letter proved it further. She filled up the space provided and attached a full sheet of notebook paper.

I made sure to check the date on this letter. She wrote it on July 24th. She didn't yet know that I was coming to visit her. The next letter she writes will be her first post-visit letter. I'm so excited to hear what she has to say about me coming to visit her. I have a feeling that will be a long letter too. :)

Here is the letter I received yesterday 

________________________________________________________________________________


To My Dear Kayla, 

I thank God for your life and your big heart to help my country and many children. Thank you for your letters, they are very pretty and so are the stickers, the pictures, and everything you sent me. You, I believe that God put you in my way to be part of our family. I thank God for being part of this wonderful project in this village. I also want to ask you to pray for our nation and our family because there is great need of prayer and the pastor says that God is the God of the impossible and he can make all the wrongs right. I want to tell you that a few days ago thee was beautiful crusade called One Nation One Day. 

I greet you with affection in the name of our beloved Jesus. I want to tell you that I'm very excited to receive your letters. I was very happy when the tutor at the project gave me the news. It was great news when I saw 12 letters. (That's like 4 months worth of letters. I wonder why they were held for so long) Thank you for being so special to me. I'm very proud of you and I'm sure that only God can make people like you. 

My church pastor and I read each letter and we were so happy to see your generous heart. I thank you for the cards, the stickers, and the pictures, and also for the craft with your hand prints. I also like the the picture of the Good Samaritan and Daniel and the children at your school and your dad with his beautiful cat. I liked the picture you sent me of my 11th birthday. Thank you for caring for me. My grandmother and my siblings say hi. 

Regarding your questions, I want to tell you that you have been a blessing in my family. Yes, I have read the story of the Good Samaritan and it teaches me to practice when I see people in need. I also have a pet, it is a dog called Oso. He is very small and he is going to be one year old. I would like you to name your turtle Linda because she looks very pretty. Yes, I remember the day I met Amanda. Of course I remember it, it was a very special day in my life and I don't think that I will ever forget it. I also would like you to hug Amanda for me and tell her that I remember her. 

Regarding my dad's job. He works at a private business called Molino Harinero Sula (I looked it up. It's a flour mill) He is the one providing for my grandmother and the three of us what we need. I'm doing well in school and I'm learning and enjoying school very much. I also want to tell you about the project Hacia Una Nueva Vida. I enjoy classes very much and it is a blessing and I thank the Lord Jesus for this project. We are very happy in our village. The pastors and the tutors at the project teach us to always pray for you and that the Lord multiples greatly what you invest in our country. 

I say goodbye wishing you success in everything you do in your life. Give my regards and best wishes to your sister on her birthday. I send her kisses and hugs in the distance. God bless you today, tomorrow, and always. Give my best to your stepmom and Amanda and your dad and your sister. I love you all very much. 

Celeste

________________________________________________________________________________ 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic letter! Love chatty kids! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Emily also has a dog named Oso! How fun & what a great letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great letter!!! I love how much she shared with you!!! Your Celeste is such a special girl. And I agree with Corina...love chatty kids!!

    ReplyDelete