Adsense

Friday, November 30, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 23

I don't have any intro today.

Here are letters.

The first letter is from from Tamire. She seems to be a girl of few words this time around.

Tamire is 9 years old, lives in Ethiopia, and her letter is dated October 29th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and your family doing? I and my family are doing well. I have received your letter and I love the pictures you sent. I love you very much. Be safe! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is a letter from Celeste. It feels like it's been forever since I last heard from her. It's so good to hear that she is doing well. She is clearly responding to a letter that I wrote in August, about getting ready for my new class of students arrive. She wrote this letter at the end of October, and by then, I'd had my "new students" for two whole months. 

Celeste is 15 years old, lives in Honduras, and her letter is dated October 22nd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

It gives me great joy writing this letter. I hope that you are in good health with your family. I am happy that you are preparing to receive your new students. I am looking forward to another letter from you because you will send a photo of your classroom. I want to tell you that in 2021, if God allows it, I will graduate with a high school diploma in computing. Then I would like to go to technical college. We are about to finish this school year and then I have to move to another school to finish my studies, God willing. In your letter, you asked for prayers for you and the other teachers. Of course I will be praying so that God gives you and your fellow teachers wisdom so that your students can learn everything you teach them joyfully. I thank you for the beautiful Bible verse. Of course, God is our help and our strength. He is the one who helps us come out of difficulties. I send kisses and hugs! 

Sincerely, 

Celeste 

________________________________________________________________________________

We go onto a letter from Mirajul. This is my very first letter from him and it's full of details. He seems like such a treasure. I am so eager to get to know him more and more.

Mirajul is 13 years old and is from Bangladesh. His letter is dated September 5th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

At first, take my cordial greetings. I hope you are fine. Me and my family are fine. Thank you for your letter. I like to play in my leisure time. I especially like playing football. I have got a new baby sister. She is 7 months old. She is learning to sit by herself. I hold my sister on my lap. I take care of her. When she cries, I take her in my lap. I attend the project regularly. I like the project. I like to eat tomato. We grow tomato. Potato is one of my family crops that is cultivated most in our country. We swim in the pond, but we do not swim too often. I got a mosquito net, umbrella, and bed sheet from the project last month. I am very happy to get these. What will you do when you grow up? Please pray for me. 

Yours, 
Mirajul

________________________________________________________________________________

I seem to have some not-so-chatty kiddos recently. Must be something in the air. ;) 

This short letter is from Vitor. It's short, but sweet, and has a few good details. But honestly, I have no idea what he's talking about in the beginning? 

Vitor is 13 years old, from Brazil, and he wrote this letter on October 14th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hi Kayla! 

I think this happens in many homes! It's bad to treat somebody with disdain. What do you do? I want to be a firefighter. How are you? I have the flu. Please pray for my uncle Valterli. He has cancer. Thank you for your letter. I share Proverbs 14:27, "The fear of the Lord is a fountain for life, turning a person from the snares of death." 

Vitor

________________________________________________________________________________

We end this post with a letter from my most un-chatty boy. At least he's consistent. ;) 

Ernest is 13 years old, from Ghana, and his letter is dated October 31st, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Ernest says thank you for the letters, the stories, and the pictures you sent. He's very happy to receive them. The stories are good. He says they are having inter-school games. Please pray for God's mercy and protection for him. He says may God grant your heart's desires and let all your wishes come to pass. Here is Psalm 25:15, "I look to the Lord for help at all times and he rescues me from danger." 

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment