Adsense

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 23

It's only Tuesday and it's already been a difficult week. I'm just exhausted; on every level you can think of.

Somebody at work today asked me how I was and without thinking I said, "I'm just ready for 2019. I'm hoping it'll be a better year." It actually surprised me how well that described how I was feeling. I think I'm just ready for a fresh start.

I need a new year with some new hope.

Not sure why I started this post like that. It's time to share three letters.

First up is a letter from Lemayian. I only hear from him about twice and year and his letters are pretty generic. He really doesn't seem to enjoy writing. I am glad my letters bring him encouragement, though, even if he doesn't like to write back.

Lemayian is 18 years old, lives in Kenya, and his letter is dated November 3rd, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


I greet you in Jesus' name. I am doing well and my family members are also doing well. I hope and pray that you are also doing well. I am doing well in the project and also at home. The weather in our country is sunny. We have harvested some maize and beans, which we enjoy. Thank you for the letters. I have received them and I am very happy with them. God bless you. Good bye. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is a letter from Lenin, who is writing to me on the template titled My Christian Learning. I really enjoyed reading this one. It's a nice template, which a lot of open ended questions for the child to answer however they want. 

Lenin is 7 years old and he lives in Peru. He wrote this letter on October 30th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite Bible story is: Jonah and the Big Fish 

2. My favorite Bible verse is: Jonah 1:17 "Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah and Jonah was in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights."

3. In the project, I am learning the Bible story about: Noah and the ark 

4. When I pray to Jesus, I pray about: My family, my friends, my sponsors, and me 

5. My favorite song to sing at my project is: Let's Climb Rungs 

Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Lenin greets you with a kiss. He thanks you for the stories and for the photos of Gage and Chloe that you sent him. They're so pretty. Also, he thanks you for the coloring pages of Captain America. He loves him! He tells you that he's doing well in his studies and at the project. He's taking singing lessons at the project. They're practicing to sing for Christmas. He asks you, do you like music? He asks you to pray for his spiritual life and he promises to pray for Gage and Chloe so that they can do well at school. 

Lenin 

________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of today comes from my precious Faith. It's fun to see her responding to the latest story that I sent to the kids. It's really been a fun letter writing series. 

Faith is 12 years old and is from Kenya. Her letter is dated October 27th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello My Dear Friend Kayla, 

How are you? How have you been? It is my sincere hope that you are fine. On my side, I am spiritually doing well. Academically, I am putting forth more effort to achieve my academic goals. In my end term exams, I was in position 13 with 241 points. I thank God because I was promoted to 7th grade next year. I am very grateful for the letter you sent me. I read the story about The Elves and the Shoemaker and how the man and his wife made beautiful shoes and the elves helped them by providing enough materials at night and helping make more shoes. This story encouraged me to give to others in their time of need so that they will help us when we are in need. God bless you and be with you. Good bye. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment