Adsense

Friday, November 23, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 22

What happened to Volume 21?

The world may never know.

I swear it doesn't have anything to do with me forgetting to post and then not wanting the numbers to not match, leading me to skipping the #21 entirely.

No. That can't be it.

It just vanished into thin air!

How strange...

Ahem...well, maybe it'll turn up someday. Until then, five letters for volume 22!

Today will be a bit funny because the first two letters will all be the same template, entitled How I Have Fun, from two different kiddos in Kenya. I received them both in the same week and think it's fun to post them all together.

First up is the letter from Muuo, who is 8 years old. His letter is dated November 9th, 2018. Some of his letters crack me up! He seems like quite a funny character.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. During free time, I like to play: Soccer 

2. My favorite activity is: Playing hula hoop 

3. When I am outside, I like to: Hop like a frog 

4. When I am inside, I like to: Watch cartoons 

5. One sport I like to play is: Swimming 

6. I usually play with: My siblings 

7. When I am bored, I like to: Rest under a tree 

8. One fun thing I like to do is: Bark like a dog 

Muuo sends warm greetings to you and your family. He says he is doing well both at school and at the church project. He thanks you for the letter which you sent to him. He says the weather is hot, even though the rainy season is right around the corner. Lastly, he is wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, the same letter from sweet Alice, who is also 8 years old. Her letter is dated November 3rd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. During free time, I like to play: Soccer 

2. My favorite activity is: Singing games  

3. When I am outside, I like to: Play with friends  

4. When I am inside, I like to: Read storybooks  

5. One sport I like to play is: Soccer 

6. I usually play with: My friends  

7. When I am bored, I like to: Watch TV 

8. One fun thing I like to do is: Dance 

Alice says hello to you. She says I love you very much, my sponsor. She says thank you so much for being my sponsor and she hopes to meet you one day. She usually prays for you. She wishes you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. May Almighty God bless you so much and thanks for the letters. 

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is also from Kenya. This time, a letter from Baraka, who recently graduated from using the templates. It appears as if he's still having a project worker help him write this letter. Not much is said in this particular letter, but I imagine there will be a little bit of a transition period as he works on writing things for himself, versus answering pre-written questions. 

Baraka is 9 year old and wrote this letter on October 22nd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Baraka greets you in Jesus' name. He appreciates your letter very much and says he is doing well in school and at home. He also says his family members are doing well too. He thanks you for sharing pictures and says he enjoyed them very much. He says he thanks you a lot for the support you give to him and he wishes you God's blessings in your endeavors. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

We finally are leaving the country and venturing somewhere new. ;) 

Up next is a letter from Enmanuel. To me, he comes across as boy of simple pleasures. A boy after my own heart. Seems to just find joy in the little things. 

Enmanuel is 10 years old, lives in the Dominican Republic, and wrote this letter on October 31st, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

God bless you. How are you? My family and I are doing well. I am healthy. I am doing well in school also. I have been playing baseball with my friends, which is a lot of fun. How have you been lately? What have you and your family done lately? I request your prayers for my mother. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Last up for today is a letter from Kelvin, who is writing to me on the About Me template. 

Kelvin is 8 years old and is from Indonesia. His letter is dated October 29th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my family, I am the: 3rd child 

2. One thing I do really well is: **Something was written, but not translated** 

3. My height: 116 cm 

4. My weight: 25.5 kg 

5. My hair is: Straight 

6. One thing I really like to do is: Go to student church 

Shalom Kayla, 

I was happy to receive your letters and read the stories in which you sent. Thank you for replying to my letter. Thank you for your prayers. I am practicing for Christmas here. I join in the dance. That is all my letter. Lord Jesus bless you. I am looking forward to your next letter. 

Love & Greetings,
Kelvin

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment