Adsense

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Illuminating Letters from India!

I tried to go for alliteration with the title, but I think it takes more than just two words that start with the same letter. Oh well. I'll stick with it.

Over the last few days, I've received 7 letters! I know, so exciting! Four of those letters were from some of my kids in India. I will share all of those letters with you today, in this post. Reading these letters, I've realized just how much my Indian kiddos are growing up. I've been writing to most of them for years. It's great to see them progress.

To start, a letter from Sadiya. She is 12 years old. Her letter is dated January 1st, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I hope you and your family are fine. Me and my family are also fine. I received your letter and I am very happy to learn about lunar eclipses. I thank you very much. You told me about them. My studies are going well. We have cold weather. We celebrated Christmas and new year here well. Me and my family received gifts from our project. We got a blanket and a bed sheet. I am very happy to have received it. Please pray for me. I will pray for you. 

Yours Lovingly, 
Sadiya

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Khushi. She is the first of my children to mention the "Fathers Love Letter" that I sent to several of my kids last year. 

Khushi is 12 years old. Her letter was written on November 24th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


My Dear Friend Kayla, 

Greetings. Thank you so much for all the wonderful letters that I received from you. I have been learning many things about you. Your work is about God. Through you, in one of the letters, I can see Celeste. She is so sweet. Thank you for introducing me to her. I am praying for her. I know you are praying for me and love me so much. I love you too. I also received the "Father's Love Note". I enjoyed everything. Here, I am doing well. My friends and family are all good. Yes, I can see God in my teachers. God is being with me in difficult times. He is with me when I am sad. When I walk, he protects me. We are preparing for our upcoming Christmas program. I am learning some new songs for Jesus. Last bible summer camp was a great time of learning, sharing, and blessing. My school is going well. Yes, I passed with very good marks last year. I am thankful to God. Thank you for sharing children's photos. The pictures tell a lot about your caring and loving heart for people. This is the season for lots of weddings in my village and surrounding villages. It is also a time of noise on loud speakers, which I don't like much. I don't like too much noise, but it is only for two days. I enjoyed your sticker and letters. God bless you. 

Your Khushi

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from my sweet boy Kalpesh. He was one of my very first correspondent kids, when I first learned about the correspondent program. I can't believe this year will be 4 years since I started writing to him. I love him so very much. 

Kalpesh is 13 years old. His letter is dated December 2nd, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dearest Kayla, 

Family greetings to you in the Holy name of Jesus Christ from me and my family. Once again, I am very happy to write this letter to you. Thanks to the Lord by this precious opportunity to share with you. I'm very happy to receive your lovely letters with a beautiful greeting card and stickers. I'm very glad to get your letter and I am thankful for that and your best wishes. By the Lord's grace and through your valuable prayers, we are doing very fine. We hope and pray that you are also doing well over there. My school and study is going well. 

There was a state level Kho-Kho competition in the month of September. We participated and we were "runners-up" in the tournament. Very soon, our first semester exam is going to happen so I am studying very hard. Please keep praying for my studies and my family. We also keep praying for your job. 

Once again, thank you very much for doing everything for me. May God bless you and give you good health. Take care. 

With Love,
Kalpesh 


A game of Kho-Kho. It's a very fast, energetic game that resembles tag. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, a letter from Swapna. She is such a lovely, young lady. Every letter from her is a true treasure. 

Swapna is 18 years old. She wrote this letter on January 5th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for your love and care. I am glad to receive your letter. I hope you are keeping well by the grace of God. I want to another Compassion center for "child protection policy" and career guidance training. We enjoyed it a lot there. There, we saw a river and a forest. We spent some time by the river. We celebrated our Christmas program on the 12th and 13th of December in our center. I wish you an advanced merry Christmas. We also observed the lunar eclipse here, but the moon was looking for reddish yellow color. I had studied about lunar eclipses in grade seven. Thanks a lot for the scripture verse. You are God's wonderful worker. Now, here it is the winter season. What about your country? I always pray for you. Please pray for me and write again to me. I wish you a happy new year. 

With Thanks,
Your Sponsored Child,
Swapna

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment