Adsense

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Christmas Celebrations in Colombia

After a long wait, I received letters from both of my CO-384 boys! The last time I heard from them was in November. Today, when I read the letters, I think I figured out why there was such a long wait.

These letters were both written in November and we talking about a Christmas celebration. My best guess is that the project celebrated Christmas in early November and then had a long break. I bet that all of the projects, as well as the country office, had all of December off as a holiday vacation. I think these letters were then translated and mailed in January, which is why I am just receiving these letters in March.

Good theory? It may not be right, but I'm sticking with it! :) Onto the letters!

I'll share the little guy's (who is not so little anymore) letter first. Jonatan Caleb is 8 years old. His letter is dated November 18th, 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

The name of my community is: La Nohora

One of the most common jobs in my community is: To sell pineapple and construction. 

The weather in my community is: Warm

In my community and with my family, we celebrate Christmas and New Year's: At church and with my parents and siblings. 

My Christmas present was: A beautiful remote control car and a sports game. 

I know that you like to read the Bible a lot. Which is your favorite Bible story? In April, we have a lot of recreational activities for children. Yes, I have a soccer ball and I like to play with it a lot. That's my favorite toy. I tell you that I'm on my break from school and I passed my school year. I passed to 3rd grade and I was in 5th place. I thank you for the letter and pictures. I wish you a lot of blessings for you and your family. I give you the Bible verse from Psalms 144:1-2, with affection. 

Jonatan Caleb

_________________________________________________________________________________

Daniel's also wrote about Christmas and New Year's. His letters are always so wonderful! He is really good at sharing details with me. When you read his letter, do you think that Daniel may enjoy eating food? Hahaha. 

Daniel is 10 years old. His letter is November 13th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I'm very happy to write you this letter. I want to tell you that the name of my community is La Nohora and one of the most common jobs in my community is selling pineapple or trade. The weather in my community is very warm, but sometimes cold. In my community, and with my family, we celebrate Christmas and New Year's with my parents and siblings. We have cookies, cake, pudding with fritters, rice with chicken, rice with pork, empanadas, and chorizo. My Christmas present was a beautiful remote control car. Thank you so much! Did you get any special present this year? What do you like to cook on New Year. In answer to your question, I don't have my own soccer ball. The story of Daniel in the bible is my favorite because we have the same name and he was a boy saved for God when he was in Babylonia and he wanted in his heart to not have the food from the king. I am happy to get your letter and the beautiful pictures with the children praying. I also want to tell you that I passed to 5th grade of elementary school and they congratulated me for my great performance. I say goodbye with a big hug and I give you the bible verse, from Isaiah 58:11. 

Juan Daniel

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment