Adsense

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Christmas Around the World

I have another two letters to share with you. In these letters, both kids talked about Christmas (after Christmas and just before Christmas, respectively), which I'm always happy to hear about. It's so fun to hear about how our sponsored kids celebrate Christmas, isn't it? 

First up, a letter from my sweet girl, Sagitaria. I love how expressive she is in this letter! She obviously really loves Christmas! Of course, I love when she calls me "Mama". :) 

Sagitaria is 12 years old and lives in Indonesia. She wrote this letter on December 28th, 2015. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Shalom, mama Kayla. I wish you a Merry Christmas. May Christmas this year bring joy to your family to welcome Jesus Christ. Let Christmas trees, fireworks, and the dazzling lights decorate Christmas so we feel no grief nor sorrow. May joy always be in your heart, mama dearest! I too had Christmas at the center. My heart leapt in joy and excitement to listen to the songs and perform the dances. Mama, I thank you for the money gift for Christmas. I bought new clothes and shoes. May Lord Jesus bless your family in America. I look forward to your reply, mama. God bless you. 

Love, 
Sagitaria

________________________________________________________________________________

The other letter I received was from Alexander, who turns out, doesn't like to be called Alexander anymore. Name change! He now prefers to go by his first name (he was previously going by his middle name). Now I need to make the change in my head. I've decided to called him Carlos Alexander, for now, get used to that, and then just call him Carlos. Baby steps. Haha! 

A lot of things in this letter seem like they are from an introduction letter. I wonder if his project made him write an updated version? Also, he says that he has 3 siblings. I only know about 2, so I guess his mom had a new baby! 

Carlos is 15 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated December 14th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello dear sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? I am very well. I like to be called Carlos. I am the first of four children in my family. My height is 157.2 centimeters (5 ft. 1 in. That's pretty short, right?). My hair color is brown. My eye color is black. One chore I'm good at is mopping. I really like to do homework. When I grow up, I want to be a teacher. What makes a school good is having good teachers, having a good environment, having good desks and blackboards, and having air conditioning. I will be a school teacher when I grow up. I like Christmas because I spend it with my family and I like to talk about Christmas. Your Christmas gift is beautiful. I say goodbye with love and hugs. I thank you for your letter and I ask you to pray for me and my family. 

Carlos Alexander

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment