Adsense

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Another Long Post of Letters!

I have to say, I am quite getting used to all of these letters. I was expecting a slowdown this month, after receiving so many letters last month, but that has not been the case. So far, this year, I've heard from nearly all 55 of my kids, some even twice! I can't say I hate that. :)

I was going to split this post up, but I decided not to. So, without further ado, I share five letters!

First up, a letter from my sweet Nandini. This month, most of the letters I receive are mentioning how Christmas was celebrated and that is always fun to hear.

Nandini is 10 years old and lives in East India. Her letter is dated December 24th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Supporter, 

Greetings to you in the sweet name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am fine with my family. I hope and pray that you re also fine over there. Thank you for sending the photographs of Gage and Chloe. I am very happy about that. Thank you for the Christmas card. Thank you very much for your love, prayers, and support. We had celebrated Christmas in our center. We had songs, dance, and a message about Christmas. We had AIDS Awareness day and many people became aware about the disease. Thank you for contacting me through letters. Please pray for my bright future. 

Your Loving Child,
Nandini

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Allison, my sweet smiley girl! She doesn't seem to like to write letters, too much, but I can sometimes get a nice detail or two in each letter. Maybe she'll grow to like writing someday. 

Allison is 11 years old and lives in Ecuador. She wrote her letter on November 15th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I say hello to you in the name of Jesus. How have you been? I'm very glad to write you this letter. I have been praying for you. Referring to your question, yes, we do have a summer Bible school. I thank you for the present you sent me. I would like to know something else about your church. As you know, I am going to celebrate my birthday on November 25th. It has been very nice to have a friend like you. Not having anything else to tell you about, I will say goodbye to you now, in the name of Jesus. 

Allison

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Fongwin. He has a great financial sponsor who always sends him money for extra gifts. But, it's always a mystery what Fongwin buys with this money. He never tells me, but chooses to keep it general. For example, "stuff" or "things". Boys, eh? 

Fongwin is 12 years old and lives in Thailand. His letter is dated January 11th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. I am very happy to write to you again. Thank you very much for thinking of me. Thank you for the family gift you sent me. I spent the money and bought things we need. My family and I are doing well. How are you and your family? We are in winter time and it is cold. Is it cold in your country? During Christmas time, we had so much fun. The project had a Christmas party and there were many activities for us to enjoy. I got a gift of new clothes. I thank the project very much. My studies are going well. I would like you to pray for my studies and for my health. May God protect you. 

Love in Christ, 
Fongwin

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now we cross over into the big kids. :) A letter from Jose. He also tells me of his Christmas celebration (upcoming in this letter). He seems so excited! 

Jose is 17 years old and lives in Peru. He wrote this letter on November 30th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with a big hug and kiss. I hope you're in good health. First of all, I want to thank you for the letter you sent and the pictures are very nice. I want to tell you that we do have a Vacation Bible School for the children. It's called EBDV (Escuela Biblia de Vacaciones). It's in January and February. We sing and do bible contests and it's very fun. We have a beadwork workshop and silk-screening. I can't wait for Christmas to celebrate with my parents and siblings. We have fruitcake with hot chocolate. We're going to a youth camp with the church on the 26th, for a week. I'd like to know: How do you celebrate Christmas? I ask you to pray for me and my family. I say bye with a hug and a kiss. 

Jose

________________________________________________________________________________

Last, but not least, a long letter from Emanuel. He always writes more than a page to me. It's always nice to get a letter with another page stapled to it. 

Emanuel is 19 years old and lives in Tanzania. His letter is dated December 5th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. I am doing well together with my family. I hope you are fine and are doing well together with your family. I would like to inform you that I have completed form 4 and I hope to continue with my studies in form 5. I thank you so much for the letters you sent to me. I liked them very much. 

In your letter, you told me about moon eclipses and I was so happy to know about it and in this process there are two shades, white and black. I was so happy because I have never seen a moon eclipse taking place. 

In another letter, you told me about your church. I am happy to hear about all the news. I would like to tell you about my church. We go to church every Sunday and we have two sessions. The 1st service starts at 8:00 a.m am, up to 10:00 a.m. The 2nd service starts at 11:00 a.m, up to 12:00 p.m. In both services we have time to praise and worship God and then our pastor preaches the word of God. I would like to give you my memory verse from Psalm 102:1. "Hear my prayer, oh Lord, let my cry for help come to you." 

I also thank you for all the letters and gifts which you've sent to me. I was very happy and I liked them all. With the money gift you sent I was able to buy shoes, which I will wear on my birthday, which will be on January 4th and I will turn 19 years old. I was also happy to know the age of Abbas and that he likes art. 

May God bless you and give you good health every day. 

Emanuel

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment