Adsense

Friday, November 6, 2015

Medical Check-Up Updates from Colombia

I have three kids in Colombia, two of whom attend the same project. Naturally, I would get letters from the same project on the same day, but it seems that I always hear from all three children on the same day. I bet it's a pretty tight schedule for all of the Compassion Colombia children. If you have kids in Colombia, did you hear from them this week? 

All three of my children wrote me about their most recent medical check-up. It's so great to get this information! 

First up, from my youngest Jonatan. He writes on a template, still, with the help of his tutor. 

Jonatan is 8 years old. His letter is dated July 29th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


My last visit to the doctor was: August 7th, 2014. 

In my last medical check-up in the CDC, the doctor recommended me: Having less candy, drinking enough water to hydrate myself, and brushing my teeth. 

The physical activity I do in the CDC is: Wash my hands properly, do physical exercise, and have a good diet. 

In the CDC I've learned that in order to take care of my body, I must: Keep good personal hygiene routines and have a good diet with food that contributes to my nutrition. 

Question/Answer/Thank You Note

Caleb greets you and writes to you. I am well today. I'm blessed, thanks to the Lord. I don't celebrate Easter Sunday. How is your health? What kind of healthy fruit and vegetables do you eat? Thank you very much for your letters, teachings, stickers, prayers, and all of your fondness commissioned by God to me. Thank you because I know it comes from your heart. 

Request or Something New to Tell My Sponsor/Bible Verse

I want you to learn that my teachers congratulated me because my homework was done very well. My family and I went to the park and I had a very fun and lovely time. I say goodbye with fondness and I share with you this bible verse: Proverbs 18:15

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, the same topic from Daniel, who attends the same project as Jonatan. 

Daniel is 10 years old. His letter was written July 25th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

Juan Daniel writes to you and I want you to learn about my health condition. My last medical check-up was March 27th, 2015. The doctor recommended me deworming medication, taking a shower and brushing my teeth on a regular basis, and keeping my clothes clean. Running, playing soccer, having potato sack races, jumping rope, playing hide and seek, and other games are the physical activities I do in the CDC. I have also been taught to take care of my body and reduce what could damage my health. For this reason I like to eat bananas, pineapples, apples, pears, grapes, gooseberries, watermelon, guava, and guanabana. 

To answer your questions from your previous letter, we don't celebrate Easter Sunday in my family. But, I also want you to know that the girls in your photo are so lovely. I also want to learn how is your health? I want to thank you for your letters. I want to share a bible verse with you. It is Isaiah 41:10. I give you a big hug and say goodbye! 

Daniel

Side note, If you're like me, you have no idea what a guanabana is. It looks like this: 


_______________________________________________________________________________

One more time, the same letter topic from Lina. 

Lina is 16 years old. Her letter was written on August 10th, 2015. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I am happy to write to you. I thank you for your letter. I answer your questions: My family and I are fine. My last visit to the doctor was 6 months ago and the doctor recommended me exercise and the doctor in the CDC said the same to me. I practice track and field at the CDC. Also in the CDC, I have learned that in order to take care of my body, I must eat healthy and exercise. When was your last visit to the doctor? I ask you to pray for my family because I don't share a lot of time with them. Please read 1 Peter 4:8. I am doing well at school. God bless you. Bye. Kiss and hug! 

Sincerely, 
Lina

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment