Adsense

Friday, October 2, 2015

October is Off and Running...

With news from India!

Today I received letters from 3 of my 6 kids in India. I love all of my sponsored kids so much, but as you all know, there is a special place in my heart for the people of India. I have never been there, but I already know it would be my favorite place in the world. I really hope to make it there someday. Preferably, before my current kids all graduate from Compassion. We'll see what the future holds.

I'll share my letter from Sadiya first. I don't hear from her very often (about every 5-6 months) but the letters are always lovely and always answer several of my questions. She's a great girl.

Sadiya is 11 years old. She wrote this letter on July 13th, 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. Me and my family are well. I hope you and your family are also fine. I received your letter and I am very happy to know about you. I like your photo also. Thank you very much for your letter and stickers. I like stickers. I like to sleep in the winter. If I had my own garden I would plant so many flowers. My nickname is "gudiya", it means doll. Every year we go to a picnic. At the picnic, I ate chapati and vegetable curry. We also played so many games. I got a pass in my exams and now I enter a new class. Always I love to come to the project. I got a school bag, water bottle, and a school dress from our project. I am very happy to receive these. We had summer holidays at my school but now my school is open and now I am going to school. Please pray for me and my family and I will always pray for you.

Yours Lovingly, 
Sadiya

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, the letter from Sandesh. His project seems to have a policy that children don't write their own letters. They are always written by a project worker, in English. Sometimes I wish that Sandesh would be allowed to write on his own, so I can get a little more original thought. But, I still enjoying hearing from/about him. 

Sandesh is 11 years old. His letter is dated July 11th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the very precious name of of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am Patale (child development facilitator). I am writing this letter on behalf of Sandesh. Sandesh is doing well. His family is doing well, by the grace of God. He is a very handsome boy. He is saying prayers for you and your family. He likes singing Jesus action songs. He is learning very sincerely when we teach to him at the project, all kinds of things, like biblical knowledge or secular subject. He says, "Jesus Christ is my Savior." (Hooray!) 

Now here, it is the rainy season, but the rain is not coming. He prays for rain. The temperature here is 28 degrees C (82 degrees F). In this month, his school started and we gave him all his school supplies, like a notebook, water bottle, a compass box (I had to look this up. It's just a box that holds pencils), school bag, uniform, and shoes. In the 6th grade he passed with all "A" grades. Now, he is committed in the 7th grade. He will learn very seriously. 

Thanks for your prayers and support. Please pray for all of his family. Thank you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, Khushi's letter. Khushi is a brilliant girl. Truly. She's in a higher grade level than most kids her age and her letters are always so eloquent. Usually, she writes her letters in perfect English, but she wrote this letter in Hindi. As it's first language, it, obviously, would come easier and faster to her. I wonder if she was short on time to write her letter. Not that it really matters. The translation is good, as usual. 

Khushi is 12 years old. She wrote this letter on August 18th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


My Dear Friend Kayla, 

Thank you very much for all your kind letters. I enjoyed so much hearing from you. I also loved to see your photos. Here, I am doing well with all of my family. It's rainy time here. I am learning general knowledge and basic computer skills at the project, apart from biblical lessons. I would like to answer some of your questions in one of the letters. If I could make a law for my nation, I would not allow alcohol to be sold so much here. I would also see that the roads are fixed and made nice. Yes, in my project, I have received awards for saying poems, singing, and doing a good job on school exams. Yes, I do have a garden at my home. We grow vegetables, like tomatoes and chili peppers. A few days ago we celebrated our 69th anniversary of Independence Day. On this day we remember mighty men and women who fought for the freedom of our country. We prayed for the leaders. My mother is now fine. She has recovered from her sickness. She had a stone in her stomach. My mother was very sad for a few days because our puppy died of sickness. But, my mother brought a new white puppy home. It's so good and looks beautiful. His name is "Cookie". Thank you, my dear friend, for all that you are for me. I love you too. Bye. 

Khushi

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment