Adsense

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Another Group of Letters to Share

I was amazed to receive a total of 6 letters so far this month, in only 3 days! I received these letters on Saturday, since, well...today is Sunday and there isn't mail delivery on Sunday. "No post on Sundays!" (For all my Harry Potter fan brethren.)

First, a letter from Allison. She's quickly turning into an every 1-2 month letter writer, which I think it's pretty great. Haha.

Allison is 11 years old and lives in Ecuador. She wrote this letter on August 6th, 2015.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

My dear sponsor, I greet you in the name of Jesus. I'm in 8th grade. I am happy because I took exams. I wonder, how are you? How is the weather? I have had a good time with my family. Thank you for writing to me. I love to study. What subject do you like? I like grammar and math. I like to play. I am happy because my birthday is approaching. Dear sponsor, I look forward to receiving your next letter. I say goodbye in the name of Jesus. 

Allison 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Emanuel. He is responding to the questions I asked all of my kids about their country. I like learning these details about my kids' countries. 

I also wrote a letter to each of my kids pairing them up with a "prayer partner", which is another child that I write to. 

Emanuel is 18 years old and lives in Tanzania. This letter is dated August 22nd, 2015. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My family and I are fine and doing well. How are you doing? 

Now I am doing well at school. I'm very happy about the picture that you sent to me. In your letters you talked about Abbas. I promise you that I will pray for Abbas. You told me about your church. I would like to tell you that at our church we started a youth choir, for ages 10-18. Also, you asked me about my sister. I would like to tell you that she is fine and healthy. 

The capital of Tanzania is Dodoma, where the president lives. Now, it's the campaign for the election for president and parliament. Our Independence Day is December 9th. I would like to give you a verse from Psalm 101:1. I want to ask you a question. Why did you accept Jesus to be the Lord in your life? I wish you a good life that please God. 

Emanuel 

________________________________________________________________________________

Last, a letter from Lazarus. He and I only have 5 more months to write each other until he graduates from his Compassion project. I happy to get another letter from him. 

Lazarus is 21 years old and he lives in Kenya. This letter was written on August 1st, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hi! Receive much greetings from me, hoping that you are fine. With me, here in Kenya, I am fine. Even my family members are also fine. How about your family members? 

At school I am going on well with my studies. I'm working extra hard in order to achieve my goal of being a medical laboratory technician. During the holidays I usually help my parents carry out different activities, like cleaning the compound and conserving the environment by planting trees and looking after the family cow and sheep. On Sundays, my family members and I usually accompany each other to church to praise our Almighty God. 

I thank you for the letters you have been sending to me and I am happy and glad to hear about you. 

Lastly, I request you to pray for me as I also pray for you and your family members. Thank you. 

Your Loving Son,
Lazarus

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment