Adsense

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Christmas Letters 2015

Each year, I have a wonderful time getting Christmas letters put together. I try to think of something new and creative for each year. I know that all of my sponsored children are taught about the story and true meaning of Christmas at their projects, so  try to refrain from just repeating the story to them, though, there is nothing wrong with that. Repetition does equal memory.

In the past years, I've: written a letter about the 3 wise men and their gifts, sent goodies related to the nativity scene, and created a paper Christmas tree, which I covered with stickers of various Christmas symbols.

This year, due to my hectic work schedule, I stuck to a more simple path. But, I think the love is still shown.

For my 12 youngest children, I ordered sticker nativity scenes from Oriental Trading Company. They are super cute! With this, I sent a simple, short letter talking about how on Christmas, we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus, who would grow up to save us all. Lastly, each child received a coloring page of an adult Jesus surrounded my happy children.



For my remaining kids, I sent each of them a Chirstmas card, all related to the birth of Jesus, in some way. I was searching on Amazon, I ordered a variety pack of cards. Each box came with 3 cards each of 8 different designs. Inside each card, there was a pretty pre-written message and a bible verse. I added my own little message and sent them along. 




What did you send/are you sending to your kids for Christmas this year? 






1 comment:

  1. Those are fun sticker scenes!! I'll have to keep them in mind for next year!! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete