Adsense

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Boys from CO-384

Today, I received five letters! I definitely did a happy dance when I got into my apartment. I'm going to share two of those letters today, from my two boys at CO-384.

Both boys wrote about their homes, families, and community. Caleb filled out a template and Daniel wrote on his own.

I'll share Caleb's letter first, since he's the baby. :) He's 7 years old and he wrote his letter on March 25th, 2015.

I am so happy that Caleb has a loving, supportive, Christian family. That makes so much of a difference.
________________________________________________________________________________


At home, I live with: My parents, brothers, and sister.
I help with: Sweeping and organizing the house.
My house is made of: Bricks and concrete
Its color is: Orange
What I like the most about my house: My bedroom
We get together with my family to: talk about my studies and my friends from the CDC. We also gather to pray every single night. 

Questions/Answers

I write to you and I greet you with joy. I sleep in a bed. I share my bed with my brother. I do have electric power. They bring the water from the woods with a hose. My parents sell oatmeal smoothies and empanadas in the marketplace. They go on my dad's motorcycle. I like sharing outdoor games with my classmates at the project. 

Prayer request or something new to tell my sponsor and/or bible verse

The traditional meal from the plains is "carne a la llanera" (grilled meat) and "sancocho" (soup made of various native ingredients like yucca, potatoes, scallions, plantains and any kind of meat). Thank you for your letters and pictures. I always remember you in my prayers and I love you very much. I like when your letters come. They are very beautiful. Sponsor, all my family is grateful for you. May God keep you. I give you Psalm 91:1-16. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now, Daniel's letter. Daniel wrote his letter on a different day than Caleb. I've often heard that different age groups attend the project on different days. This is the first time I've been able to see evidence of that. 

Daniel is 9 years old and wrote his letter on March 27th, 2015. His writing style reminds me so much of my dear Xhuliano's. What do you think? 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I greet you with affection. Dear sponsor, I want you to know that I feel very happy to write to you and with this letter thank you for the letters you sent. 

My house is made of wood planks and bricks and I live with my mom, my dad, and my siblings. I sleep in my bedroom and I have a bed and I have lots of light there. The water from my house comes from the mountain through a hose. The jobs in my neighborhood are selling pineapples and the building sites. The transportation we have are buses, taxis, motorcycles, and bicyles. 

I want to tell you that I like to go to the project. What I like the most about the project is when we go strolling. The food I like the most is beans. 

I thank you because I know I have a friend like you. That makes me happy. You are a very special person for me. I want to give you a beautiful verse: Deuteronomy 6:6-7. I send you lots of huge. Farewell. 

Juan Daniel

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment