Adsense

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Letter to My Mom

Compassion sent out a blog assignment for us to write a letter to our moms, to let them know how much we love them. My mom will, most likely, never see this letter, but I wanted to write it anyway. If my typical fashion, of course, I will use photos galore!



Dear Mom,


Thank you for giving birth to me. I showed up a little too early and needed some extra special care. I know that was hard. 


Thank you for showing me the joy in books early on.


Thank you for encouraging me to learn new things



Thank you for instilling in me the love of being outdoors


Thanks for putting up with (and staying happy) when I was cranky.


Thank you for providing me with cheap entertainment.


Thanks for celebrating each birthday in a special way.


Thanks for playing with me.


Thank you for not letting the rain ruin our picnic plans. You were always so creative.


Thank you for holding me steady.


Thank you for allowing me to get messy


Thanks for showing me that there was enough love to go around.


Thank you for ending each day in such a special way.


Thanks for taking me on fun adventures.


Thank you for being strong through your divorce, and for showing me that happiness is choice, even in hard times. 


Thank you for showing me how it is to love a new, blended family and for loving a daughter that you didn't give birth to. 


Thanks for everything mom. I love you very much! 




1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I love the photos. And your mom and mine had the same hair style back in the day ;)

    ReplyDelete