Adsense

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Three Letters in One Day

I have to tell you that one of my biggest joys in life is opening my mailbox and seeing mail from my sponsored children inside. Maybe you can relate. There really just isn't too many more things that make me happier than receiving mail from them.

Monday, I opened the mailbox and saw three cream colored envelopes. Inside, were three letters from three of my boys. This time, there was mail from Wendjy, Sandesh, and Kalpesh.

First up, I was shocked to hear from Wendjy again, since I just received a long letter from him about two weeks ago. Though, I can't complain, he's a great guy.

This letter was written October 26th.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I am very happy every time I find your letters and the opportunity to communicate with you. How are you, your family, and your activities? I hope that everything is going well for you by God's grace. My family and I are doing well also by the grace of God. I want to tell you also that I am doing well in school so that I can succeed. I am very happy to know some things about your country and I am very happy because you want to know some about my country. I want to tell you a little about my country, Haiti. Our population is about 10 million inhabitants. The capital is Port au Prince. We celebrate our independence day every January 1st. The national hymn is La Dessalinienne. Our languages are French and Creole. Our principal religion is Christianity. May God bless you! 

Wendjy

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, I will share the letter from Sandesh. He is responding to the same letter that Wendjy is, which is letter where I shared some facts about the United States. I have actually been getting similar letters from some of my children recently. Is does amaze me, I must say, that it takes about the same amount of time for letters to get from here to Haiti as they do to get from here to India. Either way, I'm glad to have these answers.

This letter was written October 5th.
_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla,

Praise the Lord! Greetings to you in almighty God Jesus. I am Priyanka, child development facilitator, writing this letter on behalf of Sandesh. 

He got your letter and was very happy reading and listening about you and your country. You're really brilliant and very clever. You are a very, very good writer. 

How do you do? How is your family? Hope you and your family are doing very good. He is very happy because from so many, you have selected him for the sponsorship. He is very thankful for the help you have given him. Sandesh feels very lucky because he got a really brilliant sponsor like you. He feels really very happy and enjoys with your letters. Sandesh regularly comes to our project and school. He is specifically inviting you to visit India, our country. 

Population: 1.2 billion
National Anthem: Jan Gan Man
Capital: Delhi 
National Bird: Peacock 
National Game: Hockey & Cricket
Independence Day: August 15th

Our flag is colored in three colors. First orange indicates how strong our army! 2nd white indicates peace. 3rd green indicates prosperity. In India there are 35 different states, different languages, and different cultures. All stay together. He stay in Maharashtra. 

Thank you for all your help and support. Your's in Christ!

________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, Kalpesh wrote me a newsy letter about some things that he has been up to. I love how you can see his interests and personality through this letter.

This letter was written October 11th.
________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sister Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our savior, Christ Jesus. By the grace and love of our Lord, I am very fine. I hope and pray that you are also doing well. In this academic year I'm studying in the 6th grade and from October 23rd our first semester exams have been started. There are five divisions on 6th class and boys and girls are seated on separate benches. It is compulsory to wear a school uniform, so I wear it daily, except Wednesday. 

There will be an inter-project sports competition during Dipavali vacations, so we are practicing for it. I will take part in Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, and shot-put & discus throw. I request you to pray for the sports meet. 

How are your students? And what about your other job? I think your students are very smart and clever, they are solving problems. May God help you in your job and bless you very much. I love you so much. 

Your Younger Brother,
Kalpesh



Here is the game Kabaddi. I don't quite understand it, but it looks like a mix between tag and wrestling to me.


Here is the game Kho-Kho. Again, I have no idea how it really works, but it appears to be a form of tag, with some strategy involved. 


________________________________________________________________________________ 

2 comments:

  1. Aren't letters such a treat?? It makes my day also! That's so neat that Wendjy and Sandesh answered your questions about their countries!! I love how Sandesh invited you to visit India. And what a fun letter from Kalpesh!! He shared so much info about his life!! I love that you were able to find the games too…it's fun to learn new games! You'll have to ask him for the rules ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you can sponsor so many. My one is all that I could handle!
    This is a nice blog.

    --The Anonymous Sponsor

    ReplyDelete