Adsense

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Abu Wants to Be a Footballer

Earlier this week, I got a letter from Abu. I can't figure out the letter writing system with him and his community. Sometimes I hear from him every 2 months and then sometimes I go 4-5 months between letters. I last got a letter from him at the end of the summer, so it was nice to get this one. I love this kid.

He's responding to a letter that I sent in October and he received in November. I'm not sure what happened to all of the letters I wrote in the late summer/fall. I hope that they didn't get lost.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Kayla, 

Your letter dated on the 4th of October arrived safely on the 13th of November, 2013. 

Abu and his grandparents were happy to still know that your family are well and that you have a new job. They give thanks to God for his wonders in your life and pray that he continues to bless you all. 

They also saw the photos of the football players (I sent him some soccer playing cards). Abu says that he would like to be like one of them one day. 

The weather here is hot in the day and cold at night and sometimes it rains a little. Farmers who grew rice this year are now harvesting, but the harvest is poor. 

Once more, Abu and grandparents say thank you and wish you a merry Christmas in advance. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment