Adsense

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Beautiful Pranali is Gone

Yesterday, I logged onto my Our Compassion account and my kids' pictures wouldn't load.

Generally, most people wouldn't worry because O.C has all kinds of glitches with pictures. However, I have never had a problem and the only time the pictures haven't loaded is when one of my kids was missing.

Sure enough, I signed onto my Compasson account and where Pranali's photo once was, I saw the dreaded "Photo Unavailable."



I immediately emailed Compassion and asked them what was up. Here is the response they gave me:

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Unfortunately Pranali's project has closed. I can share with you the information we have:

Since there was a change in leadership in the partner church, there were some concerns that had come up in adherence to agreement. Therefore this was discussed with new leadership of the church but the agreement could not be reached to our partnership requirement. Thus it was agreed on consensus to end this partnership.

There was series of discussions that took place with various levels of leadership of the church but the current new leadership was not in agreement on meeting all the partnership requirements. The church partner has requested us to end the partnership. Since the partner is not interested to continue partnership and his found local funding to continue the program, they do not encourage further correspondence. The church partner has found local resource to run the child development program in the village.

Because the project has dissolved there is no way to get Pranali a final letter."


_________________________________________________________________________________

It's sad that there were disagreements that couldn't be solved. It's a shame that the children have to suffer because of problems in leadership.

However, I am very happy that the church has found local funny to continue to run their own child development project. I really feel like Pranali and the other children in her community are going to be well taken care of.

I was only assigned as Pranali's correspondent sponsor at the end of December and only received on letter from her. But, I was excited about getting to know her. Too bad I can't send her a final letter to let her know how wonderfully loved she is by God. I pray that she knows that and continues to find strenghth in Jesus.

God bless you, Pranali!

3 comments:

  1. I AM SORRY. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO GETING TO KNOW HER THROUGH YOU, SHE LOOKS LIKE A DEEP PERSON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy caps lock, Batman! Haha.

      But yes, I was looking forward to getting to know her. Her first letter was wonderful.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I could not turn it off for some reason I kept pressing it. computers! :P

      Delete