Adsense

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 26

Let's get right to it today! 

Our first letter comes from Yohannis, who seems to attend a pretty great project. I love hearing specifically how our kids benefit. 

Yohannis is 9 years old, lives in Ethiopia, and he wrote this letter on November 19th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


For My Beloved Kayla, 

How are you doing? Me and my family are doing just fine, thanks to God. I am very happy that you are my sponsor because I am going to school just like my friends, with all the supplies I need. The project buys me clothes, books, uniforms, and lots of other things. I thank you so much and I thank God for giving me you. If God didn't bless me with you, I wouldn't be going to school. May God bless you. I am now a handsome and happy child. My family loves you too. Do you love me and my family? I will close my letter by giving you my word to work hard at school. 

Your Child,
Yohannis

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter we read tonight comes from Juan Camilo. He seems like such a joyful young man! 

Juan Camilo is 17 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated November 26th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Blessings in the name of Jesus. In this letter, I want to let you know my deepest gratitude for your daily support and your lovely letter that you sent me. I really laugh at the funny story you sent and the story about the shoes gives us a great teaching. Today I'd like to tell you what I do during the week, Monday through Friday. I get up at 6:00 a.m in order to get ready to go to school on time. In the afternoon, I do homework and play soccer with my friends. At night, I sit down on our terrace to chat with my family. Sometimes, I go to the field near my house to see some soccer games. Then, I go to sleep around 10:00 or 10:30 p.m. My favorite day of the week is Sunday because I go to church and have more time to play. Please pray for me that I will do well in school. How are you doing? I say goodbye with this lovely Bible verse: Philippians 4:6. 

Goodbye, 
Juan Camilo

_______________________________________________________________________________

Today's final letter also comes from Ethiopia. We come full circle, even if it's a tiny circle. ;) 

This letter is from Tamire, who doesn't appear to have been feeling very chatty today. 

Tamire is 9 years old and she wrote this letter on December 7th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I send you my greeting to the place where you are. My lovely sponsor, how are you doing? I and my family members are doing well. How about you? I am very happy when receiving your letter. Please pray for my country, my family, and my education. Till the next letter, bye! 

Tamire

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment