Adsense

Friday, January 11, 2019

Five Letter Friday: Volume 26

Let's get the letter party started, shall we?!

Happy Friday!

Today's first letter comes to use from Thailand, from a sweet little boy named Jaw-bu-keh. It is written on the template entitled My Hopes For the Future.

Jaw-bu-keh is 8 years old. His letter is dated November 30th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. When I grow up, do I want to go to university?: I do 

2. When I grow up, do I want to get married?: I'm not sure if I do

3. When I grow up, I want to be: A teacher 

4. In the future, I hope to visit: My sponsor's country 

5. In the future, I hope to meet: My sponsor 

Dear Kayla, 

First of all, may God bless you give you happiness in your life. I am Tawantochai and I am a volunteer at the project. I write the letter for Jaw-bu-keh because he is very young and can't write yet. He and his family are fine. He gets up in the morning, washes his face and brushes his teeth. Then he helps his mother carry water and then gets dressed for school. He eats rice for breakfast and then goes to school. He goes to school not very far from his house. He spends only a few minutes to walk to school. Now it is the cold season already. Soon it will be Christmas and he is getting very excited. He wants to know if you are excited about Christmas. At last, pray for him and his family; for their life, their work, and their health. May God bless you. 

Love in Christ, 
Jaw-bu-keh & volunteer 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Jhonrex. It seems like the poor guy had a bit of a rough time, but I am glad to hear he is recovering now. I'm sure he's been in a lot of pain! 

Jhonrex is 18 years old, lives in the Philippines, and wrote this letter on November 13th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello, my friend. How are you there? I'm doing okay, though I broke bones in my right leg. I am thankful to God that I am still alive and for never leaving me. In September, I was in an accident on my motorbike, but I will be okay. I thank for student center project for assisting me. I stopped schooling and attending the project because of my accident. I couldn't attend either place. Thank you for the letters I received. I hope Gage and Chloe are enjoying your treat. Thank you also for the pictures. I enjoy looking at them. I also like the stories because they come together well at the end. Please pray for my full recovery and future good health. This Christmas, what will you do? Until your next letter, thank you so much. 

Respectfully Yours, 
Jhonrex

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter from Gary is especially special because it is his final letter to me. Gary recently turned 18 and has now officially graduated from his Compassion project. I wish he great success in the future! 

This letter appears to have been written and/or dictated by somebody else and written in the 3rd person. 

Gary is from Nicaragua and wrote this letter to me on November 14th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

The young man Gary appreciates your sponsorship. He wants you to be in good health. He tells you that his health is good, thanks to God. Gary is sad because this is his last letter. He says that he keeps all of your letters. He is grateful that you have taken all this time to write to him. Gary says he is happen to have met his friend who you sponsor in Mexico. Gary sends his greetings to this child and hopes he continues in the ways of the Lord. Gary is grateful to have learned about him. Gary is happy for the photographs of the children. He is happy to know that you still have communication with Gage and Chloe, even though you don't care for them anymore. Gary appreciates all of the support and love and effort you have invested in him. He appreciates all your gifts and you will never get away from his heart. Gary wants you to continue to support other children who also have needs. He hopes God blesses you in your work and may God give you good health. Gary will always keep you in his heart and prayers. He says goodbye to you lots of love and lots of hugs. 

Sincerely, 
Gary Jose 

_______________________________________________________________________________

We move onto a letter from Maria Eduarda, whose name I have slowly changing to get used to it. I've always called her Maria, but recently found out she actually goes by her middle name, Eduarda. I'm using her first and middle name and will try to change it to just Eduarda in my brain. It's a process after so many years of calling her just Maria. 

Maria Eduarda is 14 years old, lives in Brazil, and her letter is dated November 21st, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? How is your family doing? My family and I are doing well. I am going into a new stage of my life and I will soon start my first year of high school. I will have my graduation from middle school. I am both happy and anxious. I want to say thanks for the letter that you have sent to me. Soon I hope to receive more news in another letter from you. I am always very happy to receive your letters. Please be praying for my family, my graduation, and my start at a new school. I share Psalm 23:1 with you, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing." I say goodbye, wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. 

Your Sponsored Child,
Maria Eduarda

________________________________________________________________________________

Our post today ends with a form letter, titled My Friends, from Shakilla, who lives in Rwanda. 

Her letter is dated December 4th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________



1. Some of my friends are: Angelique, Joyeuse, & Odda

2. Activities I do with my friends are: Fetching water, collecting firewood, and playing 

3. My favorite activities to do with my friends are: Singing & praying 

4. My best friend is: Angelique 

5. My best friend is special because: She helps me to study 

Dear Kayla, 

Shakilla is greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ. Herself and her family are doing fine. We are glad for the letter you sent to us. We are very happy to hear of the story of the birds. We are happy that Gage and Chloe go to school. Shakilla got 77/100 marks at school. Happy new year 2019! 

Written by Nyiraahageniman (Shakilla's mother)

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment