Adsense

Friday, January 18, 2019

Five Letter Friday: Volume 27

It's been an overwhelmingly beautiful, hopeful for the future kind of day. I have been feeling so grateful over the last 18 days. I am so excited to see how 2019 progresses!

On that note, let's read some letters from some wonderful kids!

We'll start with a form letter entitled My Hopes For the Future, which I find extremely fitting for how I feel about today. This letter is written by Tern.

Tern is 6 years old, lives in Thailand, and his letter is dated November 27th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. Do I want to go to university when I grow up?: I do 

2. When I grow up, do I want to get married?: I do 

3. When I grow up, I want to be: A soldier/police officer 

4. In the future, I hope to visit: A foreign country 

5. In the future, I hope to meet: My sponsor 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello, this is my letter to you. During this time, I am practicing dancing to perform on Christmas day. Thank you for writing to me. I am glad to read each letter from you. When is the Christmas celebration in your place? We will have a Christmas celebration at the project on December 29th. It is on a Saturday. We will celebrate the new year too. Please pray for us. We wish you happiness. 

Tern

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter was a bit of a surprise for me. I received a first letter from a cutie named Alejandro, who I had no idea was in my sponsorship family. It turns out that he was a hidden correspondent, due to a technical glitch on my account. It had been many months since hidden correspondents were a common thing. I was surprised to receive this cutie, but I'm so happy to get to write to him. 

Alejandro is 7 years old and is from Nicaragua. His letter is not dated, so it was most likely written when he was enrolled in the project and then sent of immediately when he was sponsored. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My weight: 24 kg (52 pounds) 

2. My height: 120 cm (3' 11") 

3. My eye color is: Brown 

4. My family is: Father, mother, siblings, grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins 

5. My favorites: 

Food: Rice soup 

Color: Orange 

Class: Literature and Spanish 

Pet: Dog 

Bible Character: Jesus 

Game: Soccer 

6. My home is located in: The city 

Dear Sponsor, 

Greetings from Alejandro! He says thank you for your sponsorship. He says he is happy because he is learning to read. He likes the project because he is learning to pray there. He wishes to know, do you have any siblings? My dream for the future is to be a professional soccer player. He wishes that you pray for his aunt Heydi who is sick. 

Love,
Your Child Alejandro 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Our next letter comes from Semira. I'm glad to hear that she is progressing in school. Due to her age, it seems she likely got a late start in school. 

Semira is 9 years old, lives in Ethiopia, and wrote this letter on December 18th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


My Dear Sponsor, 

How are you doing? I am doing well with my family, by the grace of God. I hope all is great with you. I am 1st grade student now. Exam season is near. Please pray that I would do well. I want to thank you for everything that you're doing for me. May God bless you all the days of your life. I have received your letter. Thank you! Until next time, bye. 

With lots of love,
Semira

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter also comes from Ethiopia, from Milkias now. I feel like this kiddo is holding back in his letters. I would love for him to open up and share more about his life. I pray that as I continue to write to him, he'll be comfortable sharing more with me. We'll see! 

Milkias is 14 years old and his letter is dated December 10th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I send greetings to you, my lovely sponsor. How are you doing? I and my family are doing well, thanks to God. I received the letter you sent to me. Please pray about me. I will pray for you too. More than just letters, I pray we will meet each other in person. I love you so much. Peace of God be with you! 

Milkias

________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of today's post is from my name twin, Keyla. She wrote her letter on the Festivals and Holidays template. 

Keyla is 8 years old and lives in Ecuador. Her letter is dated November 26th, 2018. 

______________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite national festival is: Children's Day

2. Why?: Because I receive gifts and spend time with my family. 

3. The food that I like the most during the festival is: Squid Ceviche 

4. I like to spend the holidays with: My family 

5. During the holidays, I like to go to: The cinema, the beach, and the mall 

6. Please pray for: My sister who is sick 

7. I want to thank you for: The letters you send me with love 

8. I also want to say: I feel so happy for the letters that you send me. I like every fairy tale you share with me. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment