Adsense

Monday, April 23, 2018

Two Extra Photos!

Letters with extra photos attached are such a blessing! I was especially happy to see these two photos because both of these kids are nearing graduation age and chances are very slim that I will receive another official photo of them. I am so grateful that I get to know these young people.

I'll share Gary's letter first. He is set to graduate this year, in November, so him and I only have a few short months together. He's a great guy and I just know he will do wonderful things.

Gary is 17 years old and lives in Nicaragua. This letter is dated February 14th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I want to thank you for your sponsorship and I hope that you are healthy. In my home, due to the storms, our beds and mattresses got wet and our provisions were damaged. Everything is going well now, thanks to God. We celebrated Independence Day on September 15th and I had fun that day. All the people in Nicaragua celebrate it with their family. I went with my friends to see the parade. We put out flags in our houses. First of all, I hope in God to pass my school year. I will do my best to achieve my goals. I want to study and I will do my best to complete my studies and become a graduate. I would like to join the army. Thanks for your gift, letters, and photos. You have a beautiful family. Your children are precious. The weather is getting too cold. The temperature has been 24C. I am enclosing a photo of me with my family. Have you traveled to other countries? How is everything going in your work? I am praying for you that God blesses you and your family and keeps you healthy. I ask you to pray for me, my family, and my studies; my mom and siblings. I say goodbye to you with lots of love. 

Yours Faithfully, 
Gary


Gary is the oldest/tallest boy in the photo

________________________________________________________________________________

The other letter I received was from Lina. It appears that her financial sponsor sent her a money gift and I get to see the things she was able to buy! 

Lina is 18 years old and lives in Colombia. Her letter is dated February 12th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Today I am glad to write to you again to wish you the best blessings from our Great Creator to you. You know, the situation at home is fine, although the relationship with my grandmother has worsened a little bit. For that reason, I ask you to support me by praying for that my relationship with my grandmother gets better. I inform you that my family and I live in a three floor home. It is made of brick and it is under construction. It has a cement floor. The utilities companies of the municipality provides us with water and electricity. The roof of our house is made of corrugated iron sheets. Can you tell me what your house is made out of? Do you build earthquake-resistant houses? Sponsor, I am very grateful to God and to you because you have blessed me greatly. Since I have arrived to this place, I have been blessed through your prayers, contributions, gifts, and beautiful letters, which express how important I am to you. By the way, I answer your questions about my nursing studies. Unfortunately, I had to drop them because I am going to enroll in SENA (A quick Google search informs me that it's some kind of educational program).  It is a public institution and it is more affordable for me to continue studying there because they will give me a subsidy for transportation. My wish is to work as a nurse for awhile. Sponsor, to finish my letter, I hope that God is blessing you greatly and giving you health in life. I give you a song called "Digno" by Marcos Brunet. Have you heard it? I also give you the passage Psalm 37:34. Sponsor, thank you very much for the passages you sent me and for the money gift, which I used to buy a bag, a pair of sneakers, a blouse, and underwear. Thank you very much for the gift. 

Lina


_______________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment