Adsense

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Attempt Catch Up #2

Well, it's been nearly two weeks since I last did a major post like this. That time, it was just with template letters. I originally intended for this post to be just non-template letters. However, I seem to have many more little kids in my family these days, and just don't have enough non-template letters to share. So this post will be a mixture of everything.

Well, we'll start with a letter from Agness. She wasn't feeling extremely chatty in this letter. ;)

Agness is 14 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated March 10th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I would like to inform you that in the near future, we are going to sit for our midterm exams, before the Easter holiday. I request your prayers that I do well. I hope all is well with you. I do not have much to say. Please extend my regards to Gage and Chloe. 

Your Beloved, 
Agness

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Kwizera. It has taken me literal years to get this guy to open up in his letters. I'm now starting to see more and more details and I LOVE it. 

Kwizera is 13 years old, from Rwanda, and he wrote this letter on March 10th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear My Parent, Whom I Love So Much, 

I first greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. In school, we are going to do exams. About Rwanda, now it is raining heavily. I am very glad for the letter you sent to me, wishing me a merry Christmas. It really made me glad for you sent me beautiful photos of the birth of Jesus and gave me a gift. I am happy that you read my letter and it made you happy. May God bless you and your family. I was glad for the photos you sent me of the birth of Jesus Christ and of you with your mother and sister. I was very glad to hear of the tree that gives light of green color. I am glad that you will celebrate Easter in your country. 

From,
Kwizera

_________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from little Shakilla. I am going to say this is the first letter I've received from her, because I'm pretty sure it is. However, I'm not going to look back into my records right now and find out if that is actually true. So, if you have seen another letter from Shakilla on this blog, then disregard what I said. ;)

Shakilla is 6 years old and from Rwanda. Her letter is dated March 19th, 2018. This letter is about her Typical Week.

________________________________________________________________________________



1. I typically get up at: 6:00 a.m 

2. In the morning, I typically: Take a bath and go to school 

3. In the evening, I typically: Fetch water and sing 

4. I typically go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m 

5. My favorite day of the week is: Saturday because I go to the project 

Dear Kayla, 

Shakilla and her family are thanking you a lot for the letter and photos you sent her. It pleased her a lot. On Easter, we will eat rice, beans, and meat. She likes Luke 2:52. She covers herself from rainfall while going to the project. Her mother and father are fine. They live in a village in a cold place. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is a letter from Yohannis. This time, he is writing to me about his Hobbies & Pets. I have seen this template from other kids too and to me, it seems like such an odd combination. How do pets and hobbies relate to each other? It's still great information to know, though.

Yohannis is 8 years old and is from Ethiopia. He wrote his letter on March 20th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. Some of my hobbies are: Going to the shops to buy things for my family

2. I like to do my hobbies with: My friends 

3. My favorite hobby is: Soccer 

4. One hobby I would like to begin someday is: Jumping 

5. As a pet, I would like to have a: Dog 

6. My pet's name is/would be: Buchi 

Please pray for my education. I like that you celebrate Thanksgiving once a year. It is nice. Thank you for everything. I received the money you sent me. I bought clothes. Thank you so much. There is nothing else new here. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now I'll share a letter from Hillary, who is writing to me about his Holiday/School Break. I think the template letters from this country are my favorite. They are always long and leave the questions very open ended, for the kids to write what they want. The multiple choice templates are good enough, but they don't give the kids much chance to think of their own answers. 

Hillary is 7 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated March 24th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. There are 10 days school breaks in a year. 

2. They are in the months of: December 25th, December 26th, January 1st, May 1st, October 20th, June 1st. 

3. My school break normally lasts: One month 

4. During my school break, I normally:  Visit family members 

5. I love to: Stay at home and play 

6. My favorite activity during my school breaks is: Playing football

7. My favorite person to spend time with during my school break is: My brother 

8. One thing I would like to do during school break in the future is: Travel around the country 

9. One person I would like to visit on my school break in the future is: My grandparents

10. In the future, I would like to visit: Nairobi 

Hello Kayla,

Thank you for writing to me. I am well with my family. I love your story about the goats. They were very brave to cross the bridge. It is a funny story. I have a memory verse from Genesis 1:1. 

Yours,
Hillary

________________________________________________________________________________

Let's do two more letters, okay? 

This one is from Brisa. She is writing to me about her Hopes for the Future. 

Brisa is 7 years old and lives in Nicaragua. Her letter is dated February 6th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. In the future I hope to learn about: Singing and playing the piano in church 

2. In the future I hope to do the following activity: Learn to do folk dance and preach the word of God to children. 

3. In the future I hope to meet: You, my dear sponsor 

4. When I grow up, do I want to go to university?: Yes 

5. I want to be: A doctor 

Hello Friend Kayla, 

Many greetings to you. I am praying for you, for God to bless you and your kids. I am already in class and I feel happy. I am doing well. My favorite color is the same as yours, red. I would like to know more about you, my friend, and meet you in person some day. You are special to me. I love you very much. 

Sincerely, 
Brisa Daniela

________________________________________________________________________________

We'll end this particular post with a letter from Carolin, who is writing on the My Community template. This little girl is just so sweet and cute. I hope I get to watch her grow for a long time. 

Carolin is 6 years old and from the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated April 2nd, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. My community is called: Cristo Rey 

2. My community is located in: Santo Domingo 

3. A common type of transportation in my community is: Buses 

4. A common job in my community is: Housekeeping 

5. In my community, the weather is: Hot 

This child wishes for God to bless you greatly. She is happy and she thanks you for the letter you sent her. She is very happy because she enjoyed her vacations with her family. Please pray for her family. She says goodbye with love.

________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment:

  1. Re Joshua in Uganda: Preschool covers 3 years of ages 3, 4 and 5. 3 year olds are in "Baby" class, 4 year olds are in "Middle" class and 5 year olds are in "Top" class. So Joshua is in Middle class of pre-school, appropriate for his age of 4.

    ReplyDelete