Adsense

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Letters, Letters Everywhere

Just your typical run of the mill letter filled post. :)

We'll start with a letter from Marinelis, who is extra chatty in this letter. I have to admit, her dogs' names crack me up!

Marinelis is 15 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated April 4th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Friend, 

How are you? How is your family doing? I hope you're doing well. I am doing very well at school. I try to do my best effort. I don't know how to describe my dogs, but they are cute and nice. Their names are Chiquita 1 and Chiquita 2. I also have a cat named Missouri Brandilyn. 

You looked very cute and happy in your photo. I like your dress. Thank you for the pages to color you sent me. I once watched the Moana cartoon. I like the songs in Moana a lot. 

It has been awhile since we got to observe a solar eclipse in my country, like last year. They announced in the news that in order to observe the solar eclipse, you had to wear special glasses, to not harm your eyes. 

I like to wear dresses, long denim pants, and dresses. My house has two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. The project I go to has 5 classrooms, 6 bathrooms, an office, a kitchen, a cafeteria, and a room where we hold special events. The church has two levels and it has a water plant. That's all I can describe. 

During my time off I like to talk to my friends. What makes me smile are the jokes of my friends. I liked the stories about when you were 15 years old. Especially the one about you attending camp. 

With Love,
Marinelis

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a sweet letter from Kamaldine. In this letter, I get to learn more about some of the things she learns at her project. 

Kamaldine is 6 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. Her letter was written on October 7th, 2017 (I have NO idea what took it so long to arrive). 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Explain what you are learning at the project: Songs like "God, God, may your name be praised." 

2. What I have learned about hygiene and good manners: Brushing teeth everyday, always wearing clean clothes, washing everyday. 

3. Two things that I have learned in the project that I practice at home: Singing and washing hands with soap before every meal. 

4. What motivates me to attend the center activities: Bible stories 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello! It is great for me to write to you. How are you doing? Everyone is well here and my family says hello. How is Zenebu in Ethiopia? I think of her. Thank you for the coloring pages that helped me improve myself. About the play, there were the roles of mother who is cooking, the father who went to the field, and the one who is selling in the market. I have never seen a solar eclipse. I hope to see one someday. See you soon! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next is a letter from Emanise. I don't hear from this young woman very often, but it's always a treat when I do. 

Emanise is 18 years old, from Haiti, and she wrote this letter on January 30th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I don't have enough words to tell you how happy I am to write to you. First of all, I want to greet you. How are you, your family, and friends? As for me, everything is going well. I now answer your questions. 1. I like wearing blue pants, white t-shirts, and black sneakers. 2. Today I have eaten spaghetti. 3. My house is made with bricks and a thin roof. It has 2 rooms. 4. My project is very beautiful. It has a school and a church. 5. If I have extra time today, I will continue to read a book that I started. 6. The most enjoyable thing for me is to spend time with friends. 7. The last party I went to was on January 19th. 8. My best friend's name is Charles. 9. My advice for young people is to go to school and church. Thank you for your pictures, letters, and gift. I used it to buy clothes. I am glad to hear from you about Nikko, Gage, Chloe, and your family. Please pray that God gives me more intelligence. I will always pray for you and your family. 

Your Friend,
Kayla

_________________________________________________________________________________

It's onto another form letter, this time from Kelvin. He is telling me a few things about his house. It's fun to picture him inside of his house, living his day to day life. 

Kelvin is 7 years old and he is from Indonesia. His letter is dated April 3rd, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. I get water from: The well 

2. The walls of my house are made of: Bricks 

3. In my house I Do have electricity. 

4. I wash my clothes in: My bathroom 

5. My house has a ceramic tile floor 

6. My house has a iron sheet roof 

Hi Kayla, 

I was so happy to get your letter. I believe that God loves me more than anything. When I miss my mother's hug, I pray to God. Kayla, thank you for being a friend in my life. I go to the project every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday on a Sunday I join in the worship service. In my village, we have our annual party in May. All the people celebrate it and gather our harvest. All are happy and thankful to God. Kayla, thank you and I hope God blesses you always. 

Love, 
Kelvin

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now I share a very short letter from Enmanuel. Honestly, it's kind of funny how much he seems to dislike writing. Funny guy, for sure. He definitely has things he would rather be doing. 

Enmanuel is 10 years old and is from the Dominican Republic. He wrote this letter on April 4th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

May God bless you. How are you? I am well, thank God. How are you spending your time? Here we are having a weather change that is causing many viruses and sicknesses. I ask you to pray for me and my family. 

Enmanuel

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment