Adsense

Sunday, January 7, 2018

First Letters of 2018

I have already received 5 letters this year! I'd say that I'm off to a pretty great start. My kids are rockstars!

My first letter of 2018 came from Maria, who is now signing her name with her middle name, Eduarda. It's time to start the adjustment in my brain of calling her by a new name!

Eduarda (see, I'm adjusting already) is 13 years old and lives in Brazil. She wrote this letter on November 29th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you and your family? Thank God, mine and I are fine. I'm on school vacation. I'm getting my grades next week. God willing, I'll pass. I love hearing from you. I loved the last letter and I colored all the pictures. How are the children you take care of? I love getting your news. I share 1 Chronicles 16:34, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." 

Love,
Eduarda 

______________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Erick. I thank God for this young man. My decision to sponsor him was a quick decision. One that I actually made at work, using the work computer for something besides work purposes. A friend of my was asking for some help finding sponsors for children. I asked if she had any older boys available. And the rest, as they say, is history. Erick is such a great guy. I love being his sponsor. 

Erick is 15 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated November 30th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I give thanks to God for being alive. I hope you in good health. I give thanks to God for your letters, drawings, and photos. They are very nice and I am very happy to have news from you. In my free time, I like reading your letters, which are of much blessing to me. I want to answer the questions you gave me. In Honduras, the new school year starts in the month of February. Thanks to God, I got good grades and I passed 7th grade. Next year, I will be going to 8th grade. I wish to be a builder. I very much like to watch the things the builders are building. It looks very interesting. To achieve that dream, I have to work hard in my studies. I like to wear pants, shirts, and tennis shoes. Today I ate fish fillet, rice, and lettuce salad. My house is pink and white. It has 3 rooms. My 3 sisters, my grandmother, and I live in it. The project is really big. There is a temple where we sing and receive advice from the word of God. There are four classrooms and a backyard to play. There is a kitchen where they make meals and there are bathrooms. There is also an office where all our papers are. Also, there are two trees in the front of the project. If I had a free hour, I would play soccer with my friends. The funniest thing that has ever happened to me is when a friend told me a joke. My friends make me laugh. The last time I went to a party was on November 22nd, when we had a farewell party. What do you do on Christmas? Please pray for me so that each day I can serve God and get ahead. 

With Love and Affection, 
Erick

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now we venture a letter from a little guy, a template letter from Rodrigo, written on the My House template. 

Rodrigo is 7 years old and is from Bolivia. His letter is dated September 22nd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________



1. The walls of my house are made of: Wood
2. The roof of my house is made of: Metal 
3. The floor of my house is made of: Brick 
4. In my house, there are: 4 people: my mom, dad, brother, and me
5. In my house we have: Water & Electricity 

Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is Paul writing, Rodrigo's tutor. Rodrigo wants to answer some of your questions. He enjoys wearing shorts and t-shirts. His house is made of wood and there is only one room in his house. Please pray for Rodrigo's entire family. 

Sincerely, 
Rodrigo and Paul 



________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Agness. This letter cracks me up because she mentions that I "ask many questions" and says she'll answer them, but then she doesn't actually answer any. Haha. Silly girl. 

Agness is 14 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated December 14th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I hope that you are doing well and are doing well. My family and I are doing well and are healthy. We thank God because he fights for us every day. In your letter, you ask many questions and I answer them. I am doing well with my studies and God is helping me. Thank you for the nice letter that you sent. I am happy with it. I am doing well with my home chores. My parents greet you so much. Thank you for your nice letter and I like it. Thank you for the nice Bible verse too. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I don't have much else to say but God bless you. 

Yours,
Agness

________________________________________________________________________________

And we end this post with a letter from another one of my lovely teen guys. This letter from Gary also makes me laugh. Awhile back, I wrote a letter about the solar eclipse and how I viewed it. I sent photos of me wearing the special eclipse glasses. Gary responds and tells me about the last time his country had an eclipse. Then he asks me if I've ever seen one. Haha. Another silly kid. 

Gary is 17 years old and lives in Nicaragua. He wrote this letter on November 27th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I thank you for your sponsorship. I hope you are healthy. I want to tell you that in my country, we last had a full eclipse in 1996. I had not been born yet. I want to tell you that on November 24th we had a spiritual retreat and we had a lot of fun. On November 27th it will be my birthday and I will have a great time with my family. I thank God for one more year of life God is giving to me. I am so grateful for all the blessings you have sent me. I got your gift and I bought a pair of shoes, pants, and six pairs of socks. I would like to know; When is the last time there was an eclipse in your country? Have you ever watched an eclipse? I always pray for you so that God will keep you and bless you in a great way. I ask you to pray for me and my family and the project, as well. May God bless you! I say goodbye with much love. 

Your sponsored child who loves you so much, 
Gary

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment