Adsense

Monday, January 29, 2018

Double the Love from some African Teens

Over the weekend, two letters arrived on my account. Double the love!

Let's begin with a letter from Agness, who lives in Tanzania. She is telling me the story of the prodigal son in her own words. It's fun to see our kids learn the same Bible stories that we learned growing up.

Agness is 14 years old. Her letter was written on January 13th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I would like to greet you and tell you this Bible verse from Luke 15:1-32. In this Bible story I learn to pray for forgiveness at the moment we realize we do wrong. Like a boy who is with his father and he asked for his inheritance money. His father brought it to him and he went away to use the money for wrong things. When the money finished, hunger came to him and he decided to eat with the pigs. Later on, he thinks that it's better to get back to his father to ask for forgiveness. His father welcomed him with happiness. Do you like the story? What did you learn there? 

Greet Gage and Chloe. Tell them to read the verse from Ephesians 6:1-2. 

Yours,
Agness

________________________________________________________________________________

And just like that, it's time to end with a letter from Milkias. I am happy to hear about all the things his project is providing for him! 

Milkias is 13 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated November 9th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


My Dear Sponsor, 

How are you? My family and I are doing well. I am very happy and thankful for your letter. My project has been providing me with clothes, shoes, exercise books, pens, and school uniforms. I would like to thank you for all your support. I am attending my studies in a good way and I will study harder to score a better result. See you with the next letter. May God bless you. I love you! 

Goodbye, 
Milkias

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment