Adsense

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Teens Are Showing Up!

My last post was all about letters from some itty bitties, but in the last few days, I have been receiving letters from some of my teens. I love writing to all of my kids, but the relationship and conversation level that can develop with teenagers and young adults is so rewarding. I love that they share things in their life with me.

I'll open with a letter from Sevenson. This guy has been tough to get to know! He doesn't write often or say too much, but I still love him dearly. He's my "Man of Few Words."

Sevenson is 16 years old and lives in Haiti. His letter is dated May 12th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I feel happy to greet you in Jesus name. My family and I are very well. Thanks for the letter you wrote me. I'm glad to hear from you. My favorite subject is science. I always take part in prayer services with my family. What's the weather like in your country at the moment? It's rainy here at the moment. I ask you to pray that I'll successfully complete this school year. 

Sevenson

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto another letter! This one is from one of my newest boys, Jule. This letter make me laugh because at first, I had no idea what this guy was talking about! After thinking about it awhile, it is clear that he is responding to a letter that his financial sponsor must have sent him. Or a previous correspondent. It's clear that this sponsor sent Jule some "Spot the Difference" pages and Jule is reporting on the differences. So funny. 

Jule is 13 years old and lives in Rwanda. This letter is dated June 10th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have two chickens and their mother died. My studies are going well at school. It is now sunny here and we are harvesting crops. My siblings are also doing well and we thank God for our being still alive. I live in peace with everybody. Concerning the question you asked me, the difference is that one is underlined while the other is not. I wish you blessings in the name of Jesus Christ. I thank you so much for the letter you wrote to me. My birthday anniversary was very nice. The 2nd and 3rd candles have no thread and there is no circle on the 4th candle. I end by thanking you for the questions you asked me. May God bless you! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Let's move onto some letters from girls! Let's start with Jhojaira. I just love that letters are coming so fast now. It's great to hear about Mother's Day just a few days after it was celebrated! 

Jhojaira is 13 years old and lives in Peru. She wrote this letter on May 22nd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of the Lord Jesus, hoping that you are in very good health along with your family. I want to thank you for the beautiful letters you sent me, and also for the pictures. It is good to know that you are doing well. Where I live, it doesn't snow. But it does rain and it gets very cold. In this month of May, Mother's Day was celebrated. Here at the project we made a present for our moms. It was also celebrated at church. Many people participated. My mom, my grandmother, and I decided to go to a touristic center called "Tioyacu". It was very nice, though the water was very cold. What did you do for Mother's Day? I ask you to pray for my brother Alvin who is getting prepared to go to the university. I say goodbye in the name of Lord Jesus. Kisses and hugs. 

Jhojaira

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, to end this post, a letter from Lina. She's such a wonderful young lady. 

Lina is 18 years old and lives in Colombia. Her letter is dated April 18th, 2017 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you wishing that God blesses you. I hope you are well. I will tell you that the name of my project is Showers of Love. When I go to the CDC I have a good time. For that reason, I go every day. My project is big. It has an amount of 213 children and teenagers. The activities that I do when I go to the project are service activities and the trips they do sometimes. But among them, what I like to do the most is helping the teachers with the children, because helping is what I like the most. In the project there are the staff members. What I like most about them is that they're kind with me and my sister, and with the other kids at the project. When I am there, what I like to eat the most is lentils, salad, and chicken. I want to tell you that my dog Toby died on my birthday and I am a little sad about it, because I love him very much. But I also tell you that my grandma is home with us. She's much better now, thanks to God. Do you like animals? How many animals have you had? I want to ask you to help me pray for my dad, as he's in a little danger where he is now. I want to thank you for your monthly contribution and for your letter. I love you very much. Thank you for sharing your life with me. I want to share this Bible verse for you to meditate on: Jeremiah 31:3. 

Lina

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment